Vintage Life Like 1/32 Ford Convertible

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Looks like a nice deep finish on the blue Lee

Is there something missing off the back? There is a slot that looks like it needs something to finish it off

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Thanks Simon
I know the kit is about 40yrs old and I bought it used from eBay I think maybe a trunk emblem goes there anyway it’s was missing

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Actually Lee it is for the Rumble seat handle. My Dad owned a '36 ford coupe back in the day and the rear deck was configured the same way. The circular pad on the tail light stem was a step to get into the rear seat. Rick H.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Thanks Rick I’ll have to add one was it chrome

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Yes and the step pad was rubber topped for sure footing. I think the pad had a grid pattern but memory does not serve. Rick H

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Thanks again I have a 1/32 1937 Chevy convertible almost done I’ll post next. My dad had a hard top 1937 Chevy

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Stunning finish Lee, and to get a comment from Andy a pro painter of real cars :thumb2:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Peter. Thanks for stopping by I’m glad you like it just something different

Jim. You are right cars of the time had Character and were made to last and easy to work on

Andy. Thanks for stopping by and the great complement I must of done something right even Simon liked the color and paint job

John. Thanks for the complement. And you are so right about the complements

Ralph. Glad you like it and it’s one of my favorite cars even though of its short comings I think it turned out well

Arch. Thanks for stopping by the color is a automotive one called Duplicolor in a rattle can I bought it at a local parts store it’s called sonic blue

Guys I don’t know if you’ve ever built one of these old kits but you have to glue the body together the body is not one piece it comes in different pieces and you have to glue it together the tires are molded together with the wheels and hubcaps together not a easy kit to build lots of aligning to do but it’s a very fun kit if you’re into doing that stuff

D

Deleted member 7237

Very nice indeed Lee, love the deep blue :thumb2: in some of the pictures you would be pushed to tell it apart from a real one.
Pete.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Joe. thanks for stopping by and the complement

Pete. Thanks for the complement I love those outdoor pics

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Well Lee,

The guys have summed it up rather well. The color is wonderful and if you think about, a warm summer night, parked at Look Out Point, two people in love and a rumble seat...………………...Now you know where you came from Buddy!!! Probably the same with Rick too................

Prost
Allen

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Paul. Thanks for stopping by and the complement

Allen. I can’t believe this 50yr old kit. Came out as good as it did. It’s a multi piece body and plastic two piece tires you have to paint and no chrome.but I like the Challenge of these kits there will be more in the future I plan to build.
Now those were the days on look out point on summer nights after seeing a great movie at the Cinema.