W&N Series 7 brushes

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Morning all. :smiling3:

I'm looking to get a couple of Series 7 brushes (probably a 0 and a 1) to help me get better at figures. However I notice that these come in a standard and miniature flavour, which appear to have a shorter tip.

Which type do users of these brushes prefer?

Thanks,

B

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Personally I use the standard types, but in all honesty I mostly use Rosemary and co brushes now. The W and N are superb, but too good for modelling with acrylic paint. The miniature brushes are smaller handled as well as shorter points. Tips give better control but the body doesn’t hold as much paint.....
Cheers
Tim

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Both are useful the miniature hold less paint but better tip control for small areas, the longer hold more paint so useful if you are painting a long line, stripes etc

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Agree with Tim, Rosemary brushes are a little cheaper and Iv'e found as good for our uses.

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks guys, I will have a look at Rosemary brushes.

Reactions: JR

Jason Crausby

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jason
I use the W&N series 7 Miniatures and find them pretty good...but only for really detailed stuff ie the 000 size ... using them for bigger areas can be torture even with a bigger size brush!
Jason

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hi all, I now use abteilung 502 and W & N Golden Sceptre II they all seem very good for all my uses, they keep there shape well.