Wanted - Tamiya M42 Duster AAC gun

S

shinx51

Hi, guys, I am looking for a small part from the 1992-on Tamiya M42 Duster AAC tank. I am building a studio scale spacecraft from the TV show Space Precinct and they 'kitbashed' from this kit. If any of you have this kit at a decent price and/or can supply me with the part I would be very grateful.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Maybe you could explain the part you need? (Its number would be easiest, I suppose.)

prichrd1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Colin,

Have this one in the stash - as Jakko says the part number would be useful.

Paul.
:smiling2:

S

shinx51

Hi guys yes indeed - this is the part I require which I will need to cut out from the top hull of the kit.
hull00-section.jpgtamiya-100_6031-section.jpgtamiya-100_6031-section.jpghull00-section.jpg

prichrd1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Colin,

You have 3 options,

1) Purchase the whole M-42 kit,
2) Look at the M-41 kit - in reality the M-42 was a modified M-41 Walker Bulldog.
As far as I can tell the engine deck is the same on both models.

M41.JPG

In either of the above you would have a lot of "left over" plastics.

3) Contact the importer for Tamiya = Pocketbond I think is one, Hobby Company is another. They may be able to sell just the top half of the hull as a "spare".

HTH,

Paul.
:smiling3:

S

shinx51

Hi Paul thanks so much for the reply. I looked at the Bulldog and the deck does have some minor differences (the Duster is almost symmetrical). The Tamiya one corresponds exactly. Good advice thank you I will contact both.

prichrd1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hobby Company are in Milton Keynes, I have used them in the past they have a minimum charge - I think - around £5 plus postage.

If you don't have any success then I know I have the M-42 in the stash and I may also have the M-41!!

Paul.
:smiling3:

S

shinx51

I have now contacted both but failing them I would be very interested in getting the part from yourself. Perhaps you could send me a shot of the M42 and M41 parts you have just to confirm and happy to PayPal you.

prichrd1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Colin, will try to sort that for you tomorrow night.

Paul.

S

shinx51

Thanks Paul - amazingly just got a reply from Pocketbond they do not supply Tamiya. Let me know.

prichrd1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Colin,

No M-41 in the stash, but I do have the M-42 - Kit No 35161.

Duster.JPG

And the part still in the wrapper

Deck.JPG

I also have this spare part:-

Ferdinand.JPG

It's from the Dragon kit - 6226 Bergepanther Tiger (P) - Ferdinand!

SideBSide.JPG

If you require the dimensions please let me know.

Paul.

S

shinx51

Hi Paul thanks for digging these out. I do need the 35161 part in the wrapper would you sell me that on its own?