WAR STINKS!

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Another masterpiece Jim. How do you bend your plastic please?. Sand it down, heat ???

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Another masterpiece Jim. How do you bend your plastic please?. Sand it down, heat ???
Thanks so much Steve, bending of fenders or indeed bending of major components of armor plate must be something thought out in advance
of construction of dio proper.
A mental picture of what you are hoping to accomplish should already be firmly imprinted in your mind and faithfully reproduced to
the best of your ability with a load of patience and no feeling of being rushed.

These following pics will show bending of heavy armor plate to depict a massive internal explosion probably caused by detonation of stored ammo.

100_9414 (3).JPG100_9415 (2).JPG100_9418 (3).JPG

A basic ciggy lighter and a dull hack saw blade were the only tools required, and a bit of imagination to play out in ones mind the cause and effect
of such an intensely violent explosion.
No technicalities or stringent protocols to be observed, just have fun and try not to singe your fingers too badly.
P.S. sometimes using a long nosed pliers can save your fingers a bit of pain when bending hot plastic.

Hope this helps a bit,
Cheers, Jim.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Many thanks Jim. I must do a wreck one day. Looks good fun
Give it a shot Steve, it may open a whole new perspective for you and the scenarios are infinite and challenging.
Don't give up if you can't seem to get it right in your own mind at first, just find an old kit laying around and give it a good bashing.
Don't be afraid to put the paint to it and remember layers, layers, layers.
Will look forward to seeing you have a go at it.

Jim

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
as usual the atmosphere of your dioramas is absolutely FANTASTIC...

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Jim.

Brilliant in all ways. I love these wreaks, the twists in the metal looks perfection.
John.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Jim.

Brilliant in all ways. I love these wreaks, the twists in the metal looks perfection.
John.
Thanks John, I have one of those French AMX 13 DCA ant aircraft thingys, think I'll do it all shiny and restored
in a museum setting, no dents or damage, no stowage, just a nice little study of an oddball Frenchy.
Something different from my usual :thinking:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks John, I have one of those French AMX 13 DCA ant aircraft thingys, think I'll do it all shiny and restored
in a museum setting, no dents or damage, no stowage, just a nice little study of an oddball Frenchy.
Something different from my usual :thinking:
Are you ok Jim, its a bit like me cleaning up my bench !