Wargaming brushes?

zuludog

SMF Supporter
I've been Searching t'Net for new brushes

Besides brushes for general art painting and model making I've seen brushes described as being for wargaming. Well, as far as I can tell, they look pretty much the same as those for model making; is there any difference?

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I doubt it. Especially science-fiction/fantasy wargamers are (IMnsHO) very easily influenced by manufacturers advertising products as being aimed at wargaming, and as a consequence spend a lot more money on things than they would need to if they would just buy modelling and/or art supplies instead.

But this is probably my modelling background shining through :smiling3:

zuludog

SMF Supporter
I doubt it. Especially science-fiction/fantasy wargamers are (IMnsHO) very easily influenced by manufacturers advertising products as being aimed at wargaming, and as a consequence spend a lot more money on things than they would need to if they would just buy modelling and/or art supplies instead.

But this is probably my modelling background shining through :smiling3:

I suspected as much

This question was prompted by my visit to this website - .abcbrushes.co
They deal in cosmetic seconds of brushes, which means the finish might be affected, but the brush head will give the same performance.
They have a wide range of different packages & options, in sable and synthetic, and the prices are very good
Some of the packages are for modelling, some are for wargaming, but they look near as dammit the same to me

I've recently ordered a pack of 10 brushes for about £13-50 (to include p & p), and I'm looking forwards to trying them. Hopefully I'll report on that in a few days time