Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Happy New Year Mick. Another stunning figure my friend. Great to see

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Possibly the last figure for the build and a trip down memory lane but in the form of a more up to date figure from GW. I was never an Orc player as the figure count for a decent army was always too high for me to contemplate painting. I got a couple of single figures and painted up the first one but only now have noticed a tooth on his wrist band I missed :confused: oh well I'll do it when I get a day off.
o1.jpgo2.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nicely painted Mick. The purple accents go well against his green skin....

D

Deleted member 7181

Lovely Mick.

My lad loves his Orks, he's just converting / kitbashing some Meganobz at the moment.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Lovely Mick.

My lad loves his Orks, he's just converting / kitbashing some Meganobz at the moment.
I've only got one more to paint as and when. I suppose that's the beauty of not painting an army up to game just being able to try a lot of different figures.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Finished this Necron Plasmancer but not the best, I had real problems getting the blade to look how I wanted it to as it's supposed to be a force weapon. Scraped back three times then as I have other things to do just slapped the paint on but it's still a steep learning curve. He certainly looks better at a distance, probably a couple of hundred yards :tongue-out3:

n1.jpgn2.jpg

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice conversion Mick.....at least he'll be able to get about. The paint is the bomb sir!

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Thanks again gents for looking in but I know I said he was the last but I'd forgotten one, sorry. This was a real change of tack for me as this goes back to my old tournament days when we predominantly played Warhammer Fantasy, as Games Workshop constantly do this was reinvented and took the name Age of Sigmar. This has always been around but because it now is the name for the section of play they do new rule books and new races to keep the money rolling in. This figure is from a new army called Stormcasts. I got another cheap sprue and did this one but using my colour's for the cape etc using purples instead of blue. They're not the best multi parts I've built but they look good.
s 1.JPGs 2.JPG

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Another good one then Mick. Don’t know about you, but I used to find purple hard to highlight until I started using VJ sunny skin tone (instead of white based colours) as a tint.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Another good one then Mick. Don’t know about you, but I used to find purple hard to highlight until I started using VJ sunny skin tone (instead of white based colours) as a tint.
Thanks TIm, I was told the same as it’s not such a stark contrast