Warhammer 40K Rhino APC

A_J_Rimmer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Arnold
Occasionally I do a bit of miniature painting. This was my first stab at building a Games Workshop vehicle (in this case a Razorback APC - not a Rhino, as I said in the thread title - not that it makes much difference) and some old 90's era miniatures - with my first go at painting a face. This was only the second time I completed a larger scale Tank and had a stab at weathering. (finished in 2022).

All brush painted with Citadel acrylics.

It's not perfect, but it was a lot of fun.

IMG_3913.jpg

IMG_3914.jpg

IMG_3915.jpg

IMG_3916.jpg

IMG_3917.jpg

IMG_3918.jpg

IMG_3920.jpg

IMG_0138_(2).jpg

Last edited:

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I have done a few Warhammer myself. Looking at this model Arnold I can see some great potential in your modeling skills. Some of your weathering is spot on.

A_J_Rimmer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Arnold
I have done a few Warhammer myself. Looking at this model Arnold I can see some great potential in your modeling skills. Some of your weathering is spot on.

Thanks Steve - that's really kind of you to say. I'd do a few more of Games Workshop's stuff, but it's mainly the prices that put me off. Vey expensive for what they are.

Very nice. You should be pleased with that.

That's the most important thing in any hobby - enjoyment!

Very true - above all else it's supposed to be fun, which its been lacking of late. It's getting better though and being on here is helping. Thanks Jim!

Beautiful.

Thanks Gern - much appreciated.

YES very nicely built Arnold but dont understand much about this warhammer games
chrisb

Thanks Chris. I wouldn't worry, I don't that much either. I used to play a bit way back in the 90's (which is why I have some old miniatures) but not these days - they are a fun thing to paint now and then though.

A_J_Rimmer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Arnold
Lovely work, nice to see some old school ultramarines

Thanks Mick, much appreciated. I do prefer the older style of painting they had in the 80s & 90s - everything was so much more colourful back then. The paint is actually an old pot of 90s Ultramarines Blue I bought of ebay.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Thanks Mick, much appreciated. I do prefer the older style of painting they had in the 80s & 90s - everything was so much more colourful back then. The paint is actually an old pot of 90s Ultramarines Blue I bought of ebay.
The bright red period, painting styles have certainly developed since then.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Really nice work even though 'not my thing' mate! Far too small for my aged optics and chipolata digits!
Steve

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I love this too. I was given a handful of unpainted Ultramarines during lockdown, and that's what got me into miniature painting, so I have a soft spot for them.

You've shown just how optional an airbrush is - that's a great result using the hairy stick!

A_J_Rimmer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Arnold
The bright red period, painting styles have certainly developed since then.

Very true Mick, although I'm less of a fan of the newer 'Grimdark' painting style as I am the old colourful 90's style. I finds the artwork was better from that period too.

A_J_Rimmer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Arnold
Really nice work even though 'not my thing' mate! Far too small for my aged optics and chipolata digits!
Steve
Thanks Steve!

I know what you mean, I've just had to have an update of my reading glasses! I also use a big lit magnifying glass thing on a stand.

A_J_Rimmer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Arnold
I love this too. I was given a handful of unpainted Ultramarines during lockdown, and that's what got me into miniature painting, so I have a soft spot for them.

You've shown just how optional an airbrush is - that's a great result using the hairy stick!

Thanks Paul - much appreciated!

I do have a soft spot for the Ultra's, they were my chapter of choice long before they were GW's poster boys. I've never ben much of an airbrush fan, I do have one, but I could never really get into using it. I should try really - I'm just probably too lazy. I'll look forward to seeing your work!

Oh, and as you like Ultramarines, here're some others I finished recently - although I did start them in 2017 :rolling:

IMG_0210.jpg