Warhammer - Primaris Redempter Dreadnaught

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7181

A snappy little name that rolls off the tongue :smiling5:

This was a belated present from my son. He ordered it before Christmas ready for my birthday in early January, but it was on back order seemingly everywhere, so it finally turned up at the end of Feb.

It's the first one of these that I've put together myself and have to say the mouldings are better than anything I've seen. Super clean & sharp, with not a single ejector pin mark anywhere. Minimal clean up and a perfect fit. Just how I like it lol.

Painting was initially fraught, as I wanted to spray it in AK acrylics 11179 Ultramarine, but had a heck of a time. 4 different mixes, 4 full strips of the airbrush and it was still splatting out white blobs. It must have been a faulty bottle as after an overnight bath in methylated spirits to strip it back to plastic I switched to a slightly different colour (11180 Imperial Blue) and it sprayed bang on from the start. I did a fair bit of shading and highlighting with the airbrush, but as usual I'm not sure I've captured it well on camera. Lots of brush painting followed, mostly with the AK acrylics, apart from the metallics which were either Citadel or Vallejo Model Air (I'm not keen on the AK metallics)

Base is a mixture of Woodland Scenics turf, brown & green tea leaves, and some base material and tufts from Geek Gaming. Wall was carved from peeled foamboard

It's still early days on the learning curve with these but I'm happy with how it has turned out, even the freehand letters on his chest scroll are acceptable. The eagle eyed will notice that there's a piece missing. It pinged off my tweezers so could be anywhere!

grH5cqo.jpg

9o0HdPC.jpg

WOuj428.jpg

mwuET8M.jpg

9gKtwAr.jpg

Glek6Mg.jpg

EE5YGBs.jpg

HQH3BrH.jpg

zTu1hWf.jpg

gNlW8wg.jpg

D

Deleted member 7181

Cheers Andy. Not sure I'd agree with that lol, but thanks.

Thanks Neil. Apart from the initial problem with that bottle of paint it was great fun!

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Well done Andy. Nicely painted and presented well with the base. Lovely work all round my friend

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That’s a great finish Andy. Nice basing as well....

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Steve & Tim.

I'm doing a larger base for something else so just added bits to this as I was going along

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andy
I'm not into this genre but that looks a cracking effort. Very nicely done.
Jim

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Jim, I think I'm slowly getting pulled to the dark side... :smiling5:

For me I love the simplicity, you just build it then paint it. None of this flicking backwards and forwards through the instructions to work out a plan of what needs assembling first, what needs painting, getting 17 steps further on and finding a tiny part that needed to be the same colour, all that jazz. Plus there's none of that messy weathering to worry about, unless you really want to.

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Paul & Bob.

I wouldn't mind doing ED-209. It seems there's a kit due out soon but £££'s

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Yep, I've been watching the new kit. Supposed to be released next month, but £90. :surprised:

Might have to be an early birthday present to myself. :smiling3:

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
thats splendid, the highlighting and shading on the blue has worked very well. As for the missing part, I wouldnt have a clue as to whats not where its supposed to be ! :smiling5: