Warning - MS screwing things up as usual

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I thought the powers that be were going to put some gizmo on here that automatically adjusted the pics to suit the site page ,reason I havent shown what I've been up to is fed up with trying to post you try one thing it works do the same with the next pic and it tells you to go do one ,I've also noticed some very poor pics on here lately is this people having to reduce the resolution so much just to down load their pics. I'll still pay my subs as I enjoy seeing what people are up to and the amusing banter and hope things get sorted. Dave

Tim Marlow

SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Dave
John has said that the shop software is currently on the same server as the site. Loading the picture resizing software can be a little problematic and he (obviously) doesn’t want to risk the shop interface when he uploads the relevant software. Once he moves the site to a different server he will sort it out. Until then, just resize pictures to below 2mb and you’ll be fine….

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Fairly sure that my PC is incapable of running Windows 11 - not even sure if it's capable of running Windows 8! But hey, it does me - might be slow to start, memory nearly full (been warned a couple of times that it's got less than 10% remaining) but it keeps the files/spreadsheets I want to hold on record.
You could move all the big files and photos off the PC, I have most of my photos on a Microsoft one drive and Google drive looks after documents and spredsheet needs, also no need for office pack any more.
Otherwise there are USB sticks that can hold tons. If you don't misplace them that is.

GerryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gerry
You could move all the big files and photos off the PC, I have most of my photos on a Microsoft one drive and Google drive looks after documents and spredsheet needs, also no need for office pack any more.
Otherwise there are USB sticks that can hold tons. If you don't misplace them that is.
Know what it is - it's the photos, having just transferred from the phone to the pc, the amount of memory/size of them is staggering!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Know what it is - it's the photos, having just transferred from the phone to the pc, the amount of memory/size of them is staggering!
Indeed. Modern cameras of all types are very large compared to early days....