Warwick International Model Boat Show

A

ajg141

:terrific: I have just returned from a round trip of some 700 miles to the above show and would like to say what a pleasure it was to see so many fine models in the one place. There were over 20 clubs and 30+ traders exhibiting and in addition 2 pools for sailing. To see an R/C hippo swimming around was somewhat surreal! Thanks to the secretary of the Association of Model Submariners I also managed to lay my hands on a set of wiring diagrams for my Resolution sub - progress at last! Much helpful advice was also received from all the trade stands I visited. It's great to be able to view and purchase bits and pieces that I can only normally see in magazines. The only problem I had was that my digital camera packed in before the show and I can't post any pics! :darn: Make a point of going next year!

Andrew

A

adzam

thats good to here Andrew. i`m hoping to get to blackpool in a couple of weeks , although the wife is not keen on me going ( for why i do not know ;) )

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
http://www.wonwinglo.scale-models.net/id35.htm

Adz,I have just returned from the Warwickshire Exhibition centre and met George at the Swa stand,I am now the very proud owner thanks to George of a very detailed set of plans for H.M.S Warspite on whom one of my distant relatives served,spent the day just looking at all of these beautiful models on show and have to congratulate the dedication and hard work put in by all at this exhibition,it was a credit.

To make up for your loss of no photographs I think you will enjoy the pictures that I took today,you may even be in one of them ! wish that I had known you were going we could have had a chat.

On top of this I purchased some great tools from the many stalls at excellent show prices,did you get to visit the very large book shop which is around the corner on site ? here you will find books on every subject of modelling,a complete converted barn full in fact,probably one of the largest hobby book shops in the UK,it has been there for ten years and I never knew about it ?

To add to this everything in there was half price,not bad eh ?

Anyway if you click onto the link above there is a full page of pictures,if anyone can help with identification either with the builders names or the type of ships or boats then please note the number alongside the picture and post the details here,then I can ammend the details.

Hope that you enjoy looking at them my friends.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Sorry just realised it was Andrew that went and not our Adz,apologies for that mistake.

A

adzam

greta pics, thanx for that barry. at this time of nite i`m easily confused aswell lol.

would be good to meet up with you, as i said i`m hoping toget to black pool in a couple weeks, i dont` know ifthats out of your way too much or not, apparently not a bad show, held in teh winter gardens.

cheers the now

Adz..

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
greta pics, thanx for that barry. at this time of nite i`m easily confused aswell lol. would be good to meet up with you, as i said i`m hoping toget to black pool in a couple weeks, i dont` know ifthats out of your way too much or not, apparently not a bad show, held in teh winter gardens.

cheers the now

Adz..
*** Unlikely Adz,a lot going on at the moment,hoping to get to Telford for the IPMS show,my last fling this year,where did it go to ?

We will get to meet up some day.

A

ajg141

Barry

Many thanks for the link to all your pics - excellent! I don't think I'm in any of them - best to stay incognito - even if I did bump into George! Like you I managed to pick up loads of bits (at great prices) that I simply can't buy locally - and everyone was so very helpful. It did make me realise my modelling shortcomings looking at all those beautiful boats though. I would also like to offer you my thanks for all the other hints and tips you have posted - really helpful.

Andrew

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
BarryMany thanks for the link to all your pics - excellent! I don't think I'm in any of them - best to stay incognito - even if I did bump into George! Like you I managed to pick up loads of bits (at great prices) that I simply can't buy locally - and everyone was so very helpful. It did make me realise my modelling shortcomings looking at all those beautiful boats though. I would also like to offer you my thanks for all the other hints and tips you have posted - really helpful.

Andrew
*** You are very welcome Andrew,the show brought home to me that no matter what our interests we can all learn more from others experiences,and the tools and bits and bobs available certainly made my modest journey worthwhile.

Agree about the standards,very high indeed,the attention to detail left me astounded,what a great weekend,dont miss the next one everyone.

Future events here are-

15-20 October 2005 Model Engineering exhibition.

11-13 November 2005 Model boat show.

16-17 April 2005 Large scale model rail.

2-3 April 2005 Model Active 05 promises to be a no stops barred extravaganza of radio controlled action with a boating pool as well.

K

KenP

Superb photos, thanks for putting them on the forum.

One of these days I'll have to leave the South coast and come up to the show!!!

( Stop keeping on to me , George )

Ken