Waterloo Belgians

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Recently having eBayed a friends' 15mm French & British armies, I thought, I can do more of that. And with Warlord Games now releasing a Waterloo range in 15mm ('Epic' scale) plastics, off I go!
The ranges only consist of British, French and soon Prussians, but the probability of Dutch-Belgians isn't high. Over a third of Wellington's army - I think we'd notice there absence
Anyhoo, I've converted some of the plastics by paint job and some very minor surgery
IMG_9244.JPG

The Infantry started life as British Line, Shakos just modified slightly. The figures come in ten man strips, two to a base. We've got flank company, command, and two line
IMG_9245.JPGIMG_9246.JPGIMG_9247.JPGIMG_9248.JPG

Commanding colnel - almost painted him as General Rebecque. Need to find a suitable figure to do Skinny Billy, William Prince of Orange, Wellington's second-in-command (though not so you'd notice!)
IMG_9249.JPG

Third Carabineers in campaign dress, which started life as British Life Guards
IMG_9250.JPG
5th Light Dragoons, painted from Freench Chaseuars a cheval
IMG_9251.JPG

Finally, Austrian Hussars from the 4th Hessen-Homburg Regiment - not at Waterloo but they were on their way to Paris. These were French hussars
IMG_9252.JPGIMG_9253.JPGIMG_9254.JPG

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great stuff! Very colourful uniforms aren’t they. Quite detailed figures for the scale as well. I only have the free sprues from WI magazine, but they look pretty good. Did a lot of Napoleonics in my youth, mostly using Guilders “in the grand manner” rules.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I can remember the endless rows of painting in my youth...thank goodness it's over although the single figure painting now also takes ages. :tears-of-joy:

Cheers,
Richard