We can rebuild it !!!

First Name
Adrian
Well as you can see by the picture I had a little accident with my Starfury, luckily I had already planned to revamp it and had ordered new decals and resin gunpods. Now its time to strip it all down with oven cleaner, not sure what to use to redo the canopy though any suggestions to get the enamel paint off?

New decals and resin guns

Adrian

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Try brake fluid on the smaller bits.

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/painting/17423-how-strip-paint.html

Gern

First Name
Adrian
I built two Starfurys when they were first out, one was the pin badge edition. I noticed a few months back that the Sheridan Tiger decal was flaking off, so I ordered new decals and the resin guns from Starship modeller. Whilst moving it from the back bedroom into my work area I dropped it and it ended up in quite a few pieces, so I stuck the bits in a bag added oven cleaner and left over night.

Heres what I have to work with so far, decals and guns have arrived but I wont be doing a lit version just yet I want to see how I go with this one before redoing my Presidential one.

Adrian

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
it will be good to see when finished B5 is one of my favourite SF shows

N

noble

\ said:
I built two Starfurys when they were first out, one was the pin badge edition. I noticed a few months back that the Sheridan Tiger decal was flaking off, so I ordered new decals and the resin guns from Starship modeller. Whilst moving it from the back bedroom into my work area I dropped it and it ended up in quite a few pieces, so I stuck the bits in a bag added oven cleaner and left over night. Heres what I have to work with so far, decals and guns have arrived but I wont be doing a lit version just yet I want to see how I go with this one before redoing my Presidential one.

Adrian
Hi Adrian i love the starfury for the group build i built one ane painted it in the black omega colours of the sci-corps.

scott