wearing gloves?

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Only on my left hand to hold model or parts to keep my finger prints off. Wear on both hands when robbing a bank for money to buy StuGs and cat food;)

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I use normal kitchen gloves when using rattle cans - but only on the hand holding the model. As a gentle hint, you can use a right hand glove on your left hand while spraying. Doesn't fit properly but it does what it's supposed to do - protect the model from greasy fingers and your hand from the paint!

Another money saving tip there! How many of you have thrown away the glove for the 'wrong' hand when the one you've used gets torn??

PS Yes, I know some of the gloves are not handed. You could wear those like 'Feathers' McGraw if you so wish - they're your gloves to use as you see fit!

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
When I worked in the lab I wore latex or nitrile gloves all the time, however for modelling I rarely do, only if i Expect to get a lot of overspray on my hands, 99% of the time I get almost No paint on my hands.

Del640

SMF Supporter
First Name
Del
I wear them when painting anything that's on a cocktail stick.... the spray is close enough for me to get sprayed... Under the finger nails and all other areas of the hand that's a pain to clean.. Gloves prevent this

Del