• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
There he goes Gents,

Peter's racing off once again into the sunset in his Porsche......

Seriously though, This guy is really a bit different and you have nailed the coloring down well. The tones of his pants are very nice and I didn't know you did tattoos Peter...

Is it by appointment or do you have walk-in times too???

Prost
Allen

D

Deleted member 6559

Neil = You're never too old to release your inner hippy.

Scottie - Just loving this lark at the moment and always excited about getting to the next figure.

Mick - Still time to take a seat.

Ricardo - Thanks my man. Really enjoyed doing his kecks.

Allen - Racing off into the sunset on his Zimmer frame more like. A bit of a free rein with the colour on this one, which is always welcome. The Celts actually painted their bodies with a pigment made from woad, rather than tattooing, so as I'm frightened of needles, it's a better option for me. Happy to get out the brushes anytime should anyone require decoration.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Ok Dude 1. you’ve started something Now Mr. Race will show up with a pair of those two tone trousers wanting a Tattoo on Peter’s next build

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

The trousers do seem to have made quite an impact, lovely work , great colour choices and another drapery masterclass too.

The shield and sword next, then another victim to line up.

Back to busts or more figures?

Have a good day finishing the Celt and victim hunting

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Lee - Seems they're lining up.

Steve - Looks like I'm in the wrong business - two tone trousers seem to be the thing. Sword, scabbard and shield today, which will keep me busy. Probably a bust next, as I don't have any particularly inspiring full figures in the stash.

D

Deleted member 6559

OK, here we go:

100_8704.JPG100_8709.JPG100_8712.JPG100_8710.JPG

The sword, scabbard and shield today. Unfortunately the finish on these was a bit below-par, so I struggled to get a decent finish. The shield was painted with mixes of Vallejo Bronze, Old Gold and Gold, and was shaded with Camo Black Brown. I also decided to paint the arm rings as gold instead of jet, which looked to contrasty.

Last edited by a moderator:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Peter

Yet again an excellent effort. A top job all round!

A good call on the gold arm rings, although I will have to check my copy of the Shorter OED to make sure 'contrasty' is an allowable term! ;)

Thanks as always for sharing the process!

ATB

Andrew

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi Peter,

I think he turned quite excellent really. I do have a question about the shield colors though. Is the difference between old gold and gold, the glossiness of the gold versus the dullness of the old gold paint? I would also think that the shield would be be really heavy to carry around all day being wood and all.

Prost
Allen

D

Deleted member 6559

Allen - The old gold is considerably darker than the bright, pure gold. The shield is wood, covered with thin bronze sheeting, so probably not that heavy. This is a shield found in the Thames at Battersea:

BatterseaShield1-300x523.jpg

The wooden parts have disappeared, leaving the bronze. It probably had more of a ceremonial use - too precious to have been used in battle.

This is a Roman depiction of a Gallic warrior:

330px-Gaul_warrior_Vacheres_1.jpg

Pretty chunky looking shield there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Super job ,Peter, as always.
I forgot to comment on the head surgery and hairdressing at the time- both nicely done. And I agree about the arm rings - gold is better.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Pssst Peter,

I really don't think Neil forgot...I think he was strolling around downtown in his two tone pants and his tie-dyed shirt looking for new resin casting materials...They call them 'Flashbacks' I think.

Please don't tell him I said so though......

Prost and Shhhh
Allen

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Neil = You're never too old to release your inner hippy.

Scottie - Just loving this lark at the moment and always excited about getting to the next figure.

Mick - Still time to take a seat.

Ricardo - Thanks my man. Really enjoyed doing his kecks.

Allen - Racing off into the sunset on his Zimmer frame more like. A bit of a free rein with the colour on this one, which is always welcome. The Celts actually painted their bodies with a pigment made from woad, rather than tattooing, so as I'm frightened of needles, it's a better option for me. Happy to get out the brushes anytime should anyone require decoration.
Peter If you saw my hair never a truer word spoken , not been to the hairdressers since March , Christine says i've reverted to a hippy.:smiling3:

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks for your positive comments people. I think this one has released a few inner hippies. Probably a bust next.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Peter looks great as always and when I decide to get a Tattoo your the man