Welcome to the Biker build off.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well just a quick post to open this section up.

I hope that all the participants can help, encourage and guide each other in this build.

My knowledge of the motor cycle world is limited to my miss spent youth and way to much petrol money!!

Most of all have fun and lets see some terrific builds.

Ian M

M

m1ks

Tamiya Ducati 916 modified WHIF

Tamiya Ducati 916 modified WHIF

Mine as above :smiling3:

As on't other post, i'm happy to join this having just started one, don't know if I can wait till April to start now i've sort of started though :smiling3:

Happy to help with bike related queries where I can also.

My love for bikes started with a misspent youth but I never grew up, just the machines I rode did and petrol got pricier.

Last edited:
M

mark stonham

Hi thinking Honda blackbird as it was bike 3 on my list but as standard bike as my budget is limited very tite is this ok as standard or as it got to be modified with pe parts or any up parts might change colour

F

Fenlander

That will be fine Mark, as Ian said in his opening to the SIG additions can be used but does not HAVE to be.

I have built the Blackbird, it is a very nice kit and builds very well. Look forward to seeing your take on it.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I will be joining in on this, I've been wanting to do the GPZ900R Ninja I have for a while, but I might go for the Heller 1:12 Gift Set - Ducati Desmosedici Loris Capirossi, I don't know what's in the gift set or finally Tamiya 1:12 - Honda CX500 Turbo Ltd Edit I just can't decide

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well lets see the threads then. I am feeling inclined to say go for it. If you cant hold back any longer you have the green flag. Go for it boys!!!!

Ian M

M

mark stonham

Iv just started my mp4/13 havent got my blackbird yet. i hope addlestone models have got one in or i have to get it from the net

M

mark stonham

\ said:
That will be fine Mark, as Ian said in his opening to the SIG additions can be used but does not HAVE to be.I have built the Blackbird, it is a very nice kit and builds very well. Look forward to seeing your take on it.
Hi Graham just looked at your Blackbird a very nice bike i hope my one comes out like that

M

m1ks

\ said:
I will be joining in on this, I've been wanting to do the GPZ900R Ninja I have for a while, but I might go for the Heller 1:12 Gift Set - Ducati Desmosedici Loris Capirossi, I don't know what's in the gift set or finally Tamiya 1:12 - Honda CX500 Turbo Ltd Edit I just can't decide
Oooh, if I may, the GPZ900R please, I'd like to see one being built, it's one of my all time faves, and it was good enough for Tom Cruise when he was flying for top gun :smiling3:

It was a ground breaking and very stunning machine in terms of bike handling and technology on it's release, did you know that a box fresh GPZ900R A1 won the production TT, literally box fresh, they wheeled it out of the crate, left the numberplate hanger and indicators on and just fuelled it, fired it up and off they went. Wiped the floor with everything else.

Fantastic

M

m1ks

\ said:
Well lets see the threads then. I am feeling inclined to say go for it. If you cant hold back any longer you have the green flag. Go for it boys!!!!Ian M
OK, if you insist

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
OK, if you insist
Well Get a thread going and show us what you are up to then!!!! :laughing:

Ian M

M

m1ks

\ said:
Well Get a thread going and show us what you are up to then!!!! :laughing:Ian M
Sorry, was distracted by shutter island, (very dark, interesting and gruesome disturbing story), some of the model as mentioned was started so completed engine subassembly and readied a few bits on 'paint holders' (clothes pegs and cocktail sticks).

Thread start here:

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/biker-build-off/12097-tamiya-1-12-ducati-916-whif.html#post88856

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well what happen to John then ? Are you still sitting at the desk trying to decide which one, or are you just waiting for parts/paints. I could be tempted to say go for the heller kit. Just to mix it up a bit.

Ian M