Welcome to the Jagdpanzer SSIG!

D

dubster72

We'll keep this one informal, so no long list of rules!

Essentially the Jagdpanzer concept was for a tank destroyer, usually mounting a heavier gun on an existing chassis. So I'll accept any Jagdpanzer IV, but also Hetzers, Marders, SU 76s, Waffentragers and the like.

Jagdpanthers, Jagdtigers, STuGs will not be accepted!

Partially built kits are ok, but only as long as the painting hasn't been started.

Unless you've a burning desire to do so, sprue shots aren't required - just a picture of what's in the box is sufficient.

Any scale is fine, it'll not be restricted to 1/35

The SSIG will run from this Friday 22/4/2016 until December 23rd 2016. Plenty of time, even for me (?!)

So let's have fun, swap ideas & techniques and most of all... enjoy our modelling :smiling3:

Please feel free to PM me if there's anything I've missed.

Cheers

Patrick

Last edited:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
cool so glad you did think of doing this one,Patrick,a great idea, :D

also would like to thank Polux and Ian for making the SSIG,for us all,ta guys, :smiling3:

I,m fine in waiting on you Patrick,so no rush or don,t hate the postman for not bring it yet,alls sweet, :D :D

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh no its beaning strange again or i broke it,oops :confused::rolleyes:

T

tommy1drop

Looking forward to this one, after looking at the rules or non rules;) I'm stuck between the Jagdpanzer or an SU-76 that's sitting in the stash:rolleyes:

Anyway no matter what I'm going to start, I'm going to have fun doing so, and I'm looking forward to seeing other builds;)

D

dubster72

\ said:
cool so glad you did think of doing this one,Patrick,a great idea, :D
also would like to thank Polux and Ian for making the SSIG,for us all,ta guys, :smiling3:

I,m fine in waiting on you Patrick,so no rush or don,t hate the postman for not bring it yet,alls sweet,
I hate waiting for the postman or women (gotta avoid sexism!)

D

dubster72

\ said:
Looking forward to this one, after looking at the rules or non rules;) I'm stuck between the Jagdpanzer or an SU-76 that's sitting in the stash:rolleyes:
Anyway no matter what I'm going to start, I'm going to have fun doing so, and I'm looking forward to seeing other builds;)
Why not do both Tommy? We've got the best part of 7 months ;)

D

Deleted member 4539

Hello Patrick

it peaked my interest when I read about this, and I thought I'm sure I have an hetzer somewhere.

Well I dug it out of my stash.And if ok with you can I join in with this?.

Ralph.

DSCF3408.JPG

D

dubster72

\ said:
Hello Patrick
it peaked my interest when I read about this, and I thought I'm sure I have an hetzer somewhere.

Ralph.

View attachment 154077
That's excellent Ralph, a good choice :smiling3:

P

Polux

Ei!!!!! :smiling3:

Nice to see this one go on!

Nice rules Patrick.....but you don't mention the scale. It must be... 1/35?

D

dubster72

\ said:
Ei!!!!! :smiling3:
Nice to see this one go on!

Nice rules Patrick.....but you don't mention the scale. It must be... 1/35?
No, I think it can be any scale. 1/48 is becoming more popular for armour builders, so if there's anything available it's all good.

Even the old Matchbox 1/72 Jagdpanzer IV would be fun! In fact...time to check the stash ;)

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
We'll keep this one informal, so no long list of rules!
Essentially the Jagdpanzer concept was for a tank destroyer, usually mounting a heavier gun on an existing chassis. So I'll accept any Jagdpanzer IV, but also Hetzers, Marders, SU 76s, Waffentragers and the like.

Jagdpanthers, Jagdtigers, STuGs will not be accepted!

Partially built kits are ok, but only as long as the painting hasn't been started.

Unless you've a burning desire to do so, sprue shots aren't required - just a picture of what's in the box is sufficient.

Any scale is fine, it'll not be restricted to 1/35

The SSIG will run from this Friday 22/4/2016 until December 23rd 2016. Plenty of time, even for me (?!)

So let's have fun, swap ideas & techniques and most of all... enjoy our modelling :smiling3:

Please feel free to PM me if there's anything I've missed.

Cheers

Patrick
SU 76 allowed? Thought I caught a glimpse of one in the stash and lo and behold I was right ! Also a Dragon Imperial series. :confused: :smiling3: I've got to look more into the stash, some real gems in the mine, enough to keep me going probably for the rest of my days.

Think I would rather do this one as with the open top there is much more detail to it.......Jim;)

s-l1000.jpg

T

tommy1drop

Hi Jim I'm planning on doing an SU-76 also, mines the Miniart version, if you look at the top of page, the SU is listed as one of those that can be built mate, hope this helps;)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
OK some one has to ask, so it might as well be me :rolleyes:

Why no Jagdpanthers or Jadgtiger, are the not also tank busters. And if the SU can play..... Me no understand:oops:

D

dubster72

\ said:
OK some one has to ask, so it might as well be me :rolleyes:
Why no Jagdpanthers or Jadgtiger, are the not also tank busters. And if the SU can play..... Me no understand:oops:
Well originally the idea came about because a few of us had actual Jagdpanzers, those based on the Panzer IV chassis.

Due to interest from people who had Hetzers, I decided to open it out a little to those tank destroyers that were based on an existing chassis.

Whilst both the Jagdpanther & Jagdtiger qualify for this, they're also examples of a tank destroyer in it's purest form, once the concept had been proven. At the time of the JP 4 being suggested many were against it, most notably Heinz Guderian.

So it essentially comes down to my interpretation of what a Jagdpanzer is! ;)

F

Fenlander

\ said:
Hello Patrick

Ralph.

View attachment 154077
This isn't a bad kit Ralph, quite simple build with a couple of nice figures. The masks for the camo really did my head in, I just could not work out how to use them lol. I know that some say it isn't accurate but bugger that, it looks right enough.

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
This isn't a bad kit Ralph, quite simple build with a couple of nice figures. The masks for the camo really did my head in, I just could not work out how to use them lol. I know that some say it isn't accurate but bugger that, it looks right enough.
As you know I've never been one for pure accuracy.

I just like to model.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
I hate waiting for the postman or women (gotta avoid sexism!)
oh lol,likewise,like a kid going to the mailbox 3 times a day oh boy, :D