Welcome to the last GB of 2012; The Twin Boom Build off, or Basil Brushes folly

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hello! Welcome to the last GB for this year.

As per the title suggests, Any twin boom Aircraft, army, navy, air force, cargo plane, passenger plane, as long as its a twin boom.

Not long to the start so I guess you can start your thread and post the box and sprue shots. Remember no building until the first October.

Chat regarding this build in this thread please. Any questions can also be posted here.

Have fun and I hope that we have as good a turn out for this one as we did for the What if build. Well done chaps.

Ian M

T

treyzx10r

I'm diving in head first with 2 Widows of the Revellogram vintage ,wish me luck I'm gonna need it!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice on Trey, Start a thread in the GB forum and show us whats in the box!!!' Erm are you building two of them?

Ian M

K

kts350

Was just about to start a build on a Testors OV-10 Bronco should fit perfectly in with this GB..

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Have got myself a Revell 1/72 P-38 L/M with intentions of joining this GB, but work is getting in the way of the builds I've already got on the go, my SIG "Red Arrows" Harrier and my P-47, so the work is slow. Still, if I get time I'll start a thread and join in.

Here's hoping.

Tony.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Was just about to start a build on a Testors OV-10 Bronco should fit perfectly in with this GB..
Good idea, I cant recall seeing a bronco being built on the forum, I will look forward to seeing that. Welcome aboard.

Tony, you just jump in when the time is with you.

Ian M

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
I was going to build the Cessna Skymaster (i love Bat 21), but i'm going to bow out of this build as i've got way too much on. Good luck to all takin' part though, i'll be watching.

Have fun, John

T

treyzx10r

\ said:
Nice on Trey, Start a thread in the GB forum and show us whats in the box!!!' Erm are you building two of them?Ian M
Yes 2 of them I'm a glutton for punishment! Thread is under way!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Just scored my entry on E-bay, waiting for the postie now. What is it? well its a post war (just) twin boom fighter and one of only two aircraft to make the transition from piston engine to jet power using mostly the same airframe. One was the Yak 3 /yak 15 , but the other and the subject of my build?- The Saab J21A ,which later became the jet powered j21R. Ill start the thread when it arrives ,,, tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Excellent choice Tony. I was looking at that one on e-bay and wondering if anyone here would by it. Some thing a bit different than most, I must say.

Ian M

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Yeah I always like to try and do something a bit different . Another couple I was looking at were the Fairchild Ac119 'stinger'and the Gotha 244 , cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The Gun ship looks rather nice.

I'm surprised that no one has thought of that White-Knight thing of Mr. Brandson Space plane thingy.

Ian M

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Its a menacing looking bird in the stinger version isnt it?, especially with the black undersides and vietnam camo . tony

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Well the Saab j21a has finally arrived , a lovely old Heller kit , I'll be starting the thread later when ive taken some sprue shots , tony