Well it is Built like a tank!! BMWR75 Outfit.

S

Scuff

This is one of my Christmas present models. SWMBO got it for me as I ride a BMW R1150 (Not with a sidecar!). I Intend to build a Diorama with this and a Panther.

I knew it would be fiddly as the kit is very small and I have frankfurter fingers. Every part also had an offset mould line to be cleaned off. Whilst I appreciate that accuracy tends to slip with the small scale and size, I was disappointed to see that the exhaust pipe headers were not represented in the model.

I chose to paint to outfit in Panzer grey, a colour that I mixed myself using Tamiya XF24, XF50 and XF2 to a ratio of 9:8:3. The mix was put together using the iModelkit software on the ipad, using FS36118 as my original reference.

I made the exhaust pipe headers from plastic coated wire and painted them Panzer grey. Rust and 'Blueing' was added using Tamiya weathering master. The HT leads were made with a strand of copper wire.

The Images are at least twice life size.

I am pleased at the result, and have got the figures to do now (Help!) As usual, comments are welcome (good or bad).

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi Graham

Great work on such a small scale. Weathering looks good very realistic.

Vaughan

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Graham, now that's what I call a fiddly build.

Very well put together and painted.

I made the same 'bike' a few months ago, my eyes were cabbaged for days after.....and mine didn't have a sidecar!

Well done,

Ron

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
What a little cracker you've got here the colour is spot on and the weathering is bang on the nail and with all that little details like the padlock real nice job bu

Geegad

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Nice build there Graham, can't wait to see the little BMW together with the Panther.

Have fun, John

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Very nicely done Graham,I've gone cross eyed looking at the 2x life size photos! It's going to complement your diorama very well.

Cheers

Steve

S

Scuff

Thank you guys for your kind comments. They are always appreciated.

Isn't it amazing how you see defects in builds when you get in close with a camera. The metallic grey on the engine is very smooth to the naked eye!

A couple of extra points. The exhaust exit was drilled out with a .8 drill. The leather was painted in Tamiya flat brown with the wear areas treated with Tamiya weather master light sand and blended in, the edges were highlighted with a more defined application. The straps were shadowed with thinned Tamiya smoke and the good old capillary action followed the outline.

S

Scuff

Here is the finished article. This s my first attempt at painting figures so any comments welcomed.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi Graham

Great work with the figures they have come out really well

Vaughan

J

John Huggins

Outstanding Graham, very well made BMW & figures, and the painting is spot on.

Are u going to put this on a small Dio ??.

Big 5***** from me mate well done.

Keep up the good work & above all have fun.

John

S

Scuff

Thanks guys, I appreciate your comments.

I also got a Tamiya Panther Ausf A for crimble. I intend to put them both in a diorama. I have not done this before, so I will get some ideas of how to do it, borrow some imagination and give it a shot!

:hmmm: