Wellington Bomber

T

tecdes

Just starting to build a Wellington Bomber.

I have trolled back & forth on forums & search etc & can find very little.

Amazing as just under 12000 of these aircraft (compared to 7500 Lancasters) were produced & spanned the whole of WW11 in action.

I have enough externally but have virtually nothing other than about 5 photos internally for the cockpit & bomb bay etc.

Any further photos & info would be appreciated.

Could not even find across the forums pictures of finished or under construction models.

Laurie

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Trumpeter 1/48 Wellington - LSP Forums

Air Museums: Wellington Restoration at RAF Museum Cosford - Global Aviation Resource

http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/howard_mason2/wellington/

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2001/01/stuff_eng_detail_wellington.htm

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Laurie, I don't know if you have any plans on showing the engines off, but if you are you might find this of interest: Vector Scale Resin Model Engines

Just saw it a while ago so was still fresh in the old brain box.

Ian M

T

tecdes

Thanks Ian. Yes I do want to show as much detail as possible. Looking at Hannants just before lunch think I could bankrupt myself with all the stuff available.

Laurie

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Trumpeter 1/48 Wellington Mark 1C Bomber TR02808

I

Ivor100

Hi, have attached a few pics I took in 2010 when the Wimpy was on show at RAF Cosford AM during its restoration. When I was there it was in the process of being stripped ready for restoring but visitors were ripping pieces of the canvas fuselage for souvenirs - sadly, so it became closed to the public! When I enquired after it in 2011 it was still undergoing restoration and will end up at the RAF Hendon AM - and they've already got one!! I took these pictures with modelling in mind as I have a Revell 1/72 version in the stash. I managed to take a few interior shots looking fore and aft, one of which looks up at the back of the radio/navigators chair. Unfortunately it was in a bit of a state inside but gives you an idea perhaps. Hope they're of some help.

Ivor100

View attachment 38428View attachment 38429View attachment 38430View attachment 38431View attachment 38432View attachment 38433View attachment 38434View attachment 38435

View attachment 42512

View attachment 42513

View attachment 42514

View attachment 42515

View attachment 42516

View attachment 42517

View attachment 42518

View attachment 42519

View attachment 42520

DSC_0624.jpg

DSC_0623.jpg

DSC_0625.jpg

DSC_0626.jpg

DSC_0627.jpg

DSC_0630.jpg

DSC_0629.jpg

DSC_0631.JPG

DSC_0633.jpg

First Name
Dave
I posted pics of my completed Trumpeter 1/48 wellington on this site on 07/02/2011.Its a great kit with loads of interior detail.Fit is excellent with hardly any filler needed.My only criticism is the decals.The red is too bright.Which kit are you building Laurie?.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Thanks Ian. Yes I do want to show as much detail as possible. Looking at Hannants just before lunch think I could bankrupt myself with all the stuff available.Laurie
Especially if you actually buy it from Hannants!!! Just their postal charges and their wonderful minimum order was enough to stop me buying from them. I look at the site, find the things I need and buy them through Johns Shop. I get them quicker, the post is cheaper and as of yet have not paid Hannants' over the top prices, even if its only a couple of quid less. The savings on the postage is worth it alone!!!

Cool I just praised John and slaughtered Hannants is one sentence!!!

Ian M

T

tecdes

Thanks Allyne for that.

Thanks Ivor wish we had an aircraft museum in Jersey.

Dave W. Thanks missed that looked all through the pictures on this forum last night. It is the Trumpeter 1/48 Mk.111. Sounds the same model as yours. Read about the decals a couple of times. Looking around just before lunch for alternatives. Have not decided yet on the squadron.

Really looking forward to this but wish to get as many details as possible otherwise I know I will go off like a greyhound & make of mess of the thing.

Thanks again men great results from you all in double quick time. Think I may post stuff as I go along I think this will make sure I get it as it should be - marks out of ten etc - very competitive so that will something or other. Rambling again !

Laurie

First Name
Dave
Just remembered that when i built mine i left the turrets off to make painting the model easier.When i came to fit them at the end,the front turret wouldnt go in!.I ended up sawing the locating ring off the bottom of the turret.Then i was able to fit it.And it didnt show on the finished model.The kit is designed so the turrets are trapped between the fuselage halves when they are joined together.Just like the old airfix kits.

T

tecdes

Thanks Dave W. Read about this problem the person writing said he knocked off the guns in the first 5 minutes. I did similar thing with the Lancaster cut the pivot off. You cannot move the turret but I do not want to any way.

Laurie