What a soggy day!

Caustik Filth

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rob
Hey there Rob, Welcome buddy. All that business about Matron, she's not the one to watch out for, it's Pyro. Er..... I don't want to name Names , but his name rhymes with "John Race". Just sayin'.
"Fire place" I'll keep me eye out cheers Ron...
Welcome to you Rob.......From the good old USA....Been to Portsmouth and a lovely little town it is!! There was these two "Birds" :tongue-out3: and well........that was 50 years ago, I was in the Navy and my mates and I had a lot of fun while visiting your fair Country. Glad you're on the forum and I hope to see more of your talents in the future. Evergreen Styrene comes in clear sheets of various different thicknesses from .005 of an inch on up. Readily available in hobby shops the world over. ;) Rick H.
Thanks for the evergreen tip Rick. I'm in H.M. Dockyard now as it happens it's probably changed a bit still cold wet and windy tho! Cheers

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Pompey Girls have long been my 'go to' refuge for comfort in trying times - mind you, all of the areas with a Navy (Army and RAF) presence have served to 'help me' through those darker moments - then I learnt not to drink Guinness!
Steve

Caustik Filth

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rob
Pompey Girls have long been my 'go to' refuge for comfort in trying times - mind you, all of the areas with a Navy (Army and RAF) presence have served to 'help me' through those darker moments - then I learnt not to drink Guinness!
Steve
Mmm the dark heady brew...I too have learnt to leave the dark nectar to them wot can handle it !!

Caustik Filth

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rob
Aah Pompey, I lived in Farnham for some years, and worked in the dockyard on the new Mary Rose Museum in 2010.
Daft thing is I've worked in the dockyard on and off for a few years now and still not seen all the bits and bobs, silly that it's all on me doorstep and don't get round to checking out the goodies...one day!

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Aah Pompey, I lived in Farnham for some years, and worked in the dockyard on the construction of the new Mary Rose Museum in 2010/11.
Pompey, Havant, Waterlooville, Gosport, Chichester, and many other places where there were no trains except the '0639 to London '- or taxis to civilisation! Some good times encapsulated in those place names! Happy Days!
Steve

Caustik Filth

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rob
Pompey, Havant, Waterlooville, Gosport, Chichester, and many other places where there were no trains except the '0639 to London '- or taxis to civilisation! Some good times encapsulated in those place names! Happy Days!
Steve
Nice one Steve ! The 6.57 Pompey away train I remember having to avoid tho...but your right happy days.!

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nice one Steve ! The 6.57 Pompey away train I remember having to avoid tho...but your right happy days.!
Just recalled the title of this thread - 'What a Soggy Day... ' - oh those 'Grab a Granny Nights ...' (and on this point I think I'll retire before the Mods step in!)
PS Deepest apologies to the Mods and any other persons affected by this rambling discourse .. Sorry!
Steve

Caustik Filth

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rob
Just recalled the title of this thread - 'What a Soggy Day... ' - oh those 'Grab a Granny Nights ...' (and on this point I think I'll retire before the Mods step in!)
PS Deepest apologies to the Mods and any other persons affected by this rambling discourse .. Sorry!
Steve
Grannies,, Basins, the Polytechnic and the Tricorn all long gone, but the Mods are still here and dancing !