What can I do with these?

B

bodobodot1

1x Black Five BR Black late crest No 44896

1x Fowler 4F BR black late crest No 44143

2x Blood and Custard Composite coaches Mk 2

1x GWR maroon push and pull set

Any ideas. I got these in N gauge for Christmas last year, along with about seven wagons and I want to know what sort of Layout I could build.

S

Seaspray

Could also try selling them on this site if there is a "for sale" thread . Need to enquire if there is..ask administrator.

alternatively do as Noobee Captain says. or sell locally in newpaper

N

Nigel.D

I had a Graham Farish n guage black 5 and it was a superb model Id love to be able to take em off your hands but xmas and all that prevents. Must admit though if i were you id build a layout

B

bodobodot1

I am, the question was- WHAT sort of layout could I build with these. I could buy more though.

S

Seaspray

Find the circa of your stock building a set in that time .a goods yard, or a mountain scene, or a coal pit yard or a frieght yard, You could even model the layout on killie station just above the bus station or even Ayr goods yard down by the shore

B

bodobodot1

My old dad built a layout of killie station and Barclay's yard, but it didn't look nice and it put me off modelling it. I might go for the old branch line between Kilmarnock and Darvel, passing through Galston and Newmilns. All of these places are just east of Kilmarnock.

S

Seaspray

What a about the yard at Troon (brassie yard) Or you can buy the a plans

book of layout designes from any model shop that deals in trains. Try the net first to see if any plans are available.

Last edited:
B

bodobodot1

Hey, good idea! I'll either do that or model the coal yard outside Ayr station.