What do you buy else where?

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
\ said:
Used Tamiya Barry but not Mr.Cement. What did you find was the advantage of Mr Cement over Tamiya. Performance easier to use etc.Apologies for the side shoot to this article.

Laurie
Laurie I have started a new thread on this so as not to continue to side track this thread, its under 'Chat' with a link to a Youtube video of Phil Flory's tests that demonstrate what i refer to.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
do you do photo etched parts for 1/350 ships? also im after a HMS Ramillies or any of the 'R' class battleships . I have just ordered HMS warspite and HMS repulse in the hope of mixing the kits to get a general look of an 'R' class battleship.

I have looked almost everywhere but the never seem to have been released by any kit maker

First Name
Aaron
Jeeze im so jealous, We have nothing like the complete package offered to you guys.

A forum with a store directly attached ... genius but sadly not applicable to me being on the wrong side of earth.

Our version of evilbay and stores that seem to buy at full price then add a markup are our best options lol

Thank god for asian hobby stores.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I send all over the world including New Zealand, there are somethings I can't send like Alclad but most things aren't a problem, even with postage it still might work out cheaper than what you are paying now.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I had no idea you could ship out to NZ either, John. Will take a gander next time I'm in need of something. Is there a way of finding out what can and can't be shipped internationally from your shop? I am aware of solvents and Lithium batteries generally being banned from shipment by air. Items over a certain value have to be taxed at this end of the delivery, I think it may be NZ$300 and over.

It is interesting to note that I can buy certain items from Amazon in the US, which arrive within a fortnight and, even after postage, still cost less than to buy in a NZ shop. I also recently purchased a White Ensign PE set for HMS Ajax which was unavailable in NZ but cost me roughly $10 less than an Australian online store was charging. It took two and a half weeks at the busiest time of the year just before Christmas. Superb.

Maybe I will do business with you some day soon! Cheers.

S

Spyderman_uk

I like the Plastic Soldier Company 1/72 kits.

Appropriate decals for above would be useful as well. ;)

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
What about Preiser military figures? Especially these ones...Pilots groundcrew nato/Federal German cat number PRE72520

First Name
rob
hi john, i tried to find humbrol enamels on your website but couldnt find them. had to resort to e models but their delivery time can be slow. i am trying to use your shop from now on but i love my enamels for my brush work. if i needed any could you get hold of them?

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
hi john, i tried to find humbrol enamels on your website but couldnt find them. had to resort to e models but their delivery time can be slow. i am trying to use your shop from now on but i love my enamels for my brush work. if i needed any could you get hold of them?
I will order them in for you, I was going to take on the range of Humbrol enamels but I'm waiting for the company that I get them from to supply me with a stand for the acrylics.

First Name
rob
\ said:
I will order them in for you, I was going to take on the range of Humbrol enamels but I'm waiting for the company that I get them from to supply me with a stand for the acrylics.
great stuff..thanks john

Paul Davies

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I am trying to get hold of Scale Motorsports Photoetched set for Tamiyas 1/12 scale ferarri enzo but everywhere is out of stock. Would this be something you could get hold of?

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
I am trying to get hold of Scale Motorsports Photoetched set for Tamiyas 1/12 scale ferarri enzo but everywhere is out of stock. Would this be something you could get hold of?
mate, try to keep an eye on ebay. They have all sorts of different stuff.

John

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
No sorry not something I can find

N

noble

I've started messing with some warhammer 40k vehicles, just because it is different from the norm, something to consider.

scott

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Any chance you can get wooden decks for 1/350 battleships John ? I can only get them off ebay and there from Beijing

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
Any chance you can get wooden decks for 1/350 battleships John ? I can only get them off ebay and there from Beijing
Sorry for the late reply, I'm sure I've seen some at one of my suppliers, I will let you know if I find them.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Sorry for the late reply, I'm sure I've seen some at one of my suppliers, I will let you know if I find them.
Cheers John if it helps I'm after the wooden deck for the tamiya 1/350 Hms king George V and the trumpeter 1/350 hms Queen Elizabeth

Thanks

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
The only things I can see are the grass tufts and bits like that.

I,ve ordered a few bits and delivery to me here in Belgium has been superb.

I have a few bits you stock (mainly tools) on my wish list when funds become available.

Kits, paints,glue etc I buy from my local shop which is excellent and on my team route home from work.

Consequently I am a bit torn between supporting Johns excellent online shop and my excellent local store,

D

Deleted member 4203

Hey John, I couldn't just write one thing because they're all so good! So I made a list:

Humbrol Matt Enamel Paint,

1/72 and 1/32 Airfix Figures, the starter set kind would be nice,

Tamiya Stuff, doesn't matter what it is,

Bomber planes, Airfix would be cool,

and just a right good variety :D ;) :P

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Thanks Blair, apart from the enamels I should hopefully have a good selection of the rest.