What do you buy else where?

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
BarryW suggested to a few days back to start a thread about "What do you buy else where" in other words what can I stock in the shop to make it the one stop shop for modellers, not individual kits but if there is a range, type or scale of kits that I don't stock like Warhammer (which I haven't ruled out still looking in to it) then let me know and I will see what I can do, I'm not saying I will take every suggestion on board and buy the stock but I will give it proper consideration.

Also if there is a kit or anything you want let me know I can usually get it within a week and hopefully save you some money.

I've just added live stock quantities to the shop which are 99.99% correct, I say that because now and again a paint or something has been sent out wrong and no one has noticed, but I will always let you know if it's wrong.

and finally if you have bought from me and haven't left a review on reviewcenter.com please feel free to do so, if you haven't bought from me please feel free to read the reviews here :smiling3:

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Tanks and more tanks and deluxe glue range with the pin flow

R

Richy C

A few of the Alclad range would be good John.

Cheers

Richy

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
Tanks and more tanks and deluxe glue range with the pin flow
I already do the full range including the pin flow

\ said:
A few of the Alclad range would be good John.Cheers

Richy
I used to stock a few of them and didn't get round to replenishing them once I sold them, I will add them to my next order

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
Hi John i'm looking for a 1/48 phantom to do in raf colours if you can help
Revell 1:48 - F-4 C/D Phantom II 04583 is that any good?

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
Sounds good have you got 1 and price ?
£15.49 and no I don't have one in but can get it for you.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks John i want some aftermarket stuff as well so i will look at what i want then let you know then you can get it all for me if you can and dont mind many thanks Ian

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
More British armour and figures in 1/35 and RAF in 1/48 would be nice...

Ian M

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Elsewhere I buy.

Kits....Large scale.

Alclad...didn't know you had it! I will certainly buy from you when you do.

White Ensign Models enamels.

Stuff like sandpaper,Halfords primer and solvents.

Some hardware,I've already got a lot! I did purchase a replacement razor saw from you (and then found the one I'd 'lost'!)

I do try and by other bits from the forum shop which incidentally I would recommend unreservedly to anyone who hasn't used it. You'll be very,very lucky to find a better price and you won't find a better service.

Cheers

Steve

L

lemoff

At the moment its the random kits on ebay, i seem to be getting a few trumpeter kits in. 1/32 Trumpeter Harrier for £50 or so isnt too shabby.

I will pop into the shop in town whilst i am up there and get a paint here and there.

Maybe if there was a way of adding items that your distributors stock and having them as a list of things that you can get in.... might get that extra order in for something.

The wife has ordered the eagerly awaited (by me) A400M and i will need to get some AB paints shortly. Its a ball ache to do but perhaps sets of paints for say a spitfire as a small paint kit when you bring up a spitfire search. Just add all the paints you need to the basket at once. Not sure how much it would be used though.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
At the moment its the random kits on ebay, i seem to be getting a few trumpeter kits in. 1/32 Trumpeter Harrier for £50 or so isnt too shabby.I will pop into the shop in town whilst i am up there and get a paint here and there.

Maybe if there was a way of adding items that your distributors stock and having them as a list of things that you can get in.... might get that extra order in for something.

The wife has ordered the eagerly awaited (by me) A400M and i will need to get some AB paints shortly. Its a ball ache to do but perhaps sets of paints for say a spitfire as a small paint kit when you bring up a spitfire search. Just add all the paints you need to the basket at once. Not sure how much it would be used though.
I got your wife's order thank you just waiting for it to come in, I have several suppliers with many thousand products available so I couldn't add them, and I couldn't really do the paint sets for different planes as there isn't a standard colour set for them, different campaigns etc, while I can do it I wouldn't know where to start

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Oh White Ensign Enamels, I would go for those as well. Good one Steve!

I also just though that it might be worth getting some 120mm (1/16) resin figures in. If they are of British forces so much the better from my point of view :smiling:

Ian M

L

lemoff

I will have a look at those needle glue applicator things as i seem to have issues sometimes just getting a minute amount of glue out. Oh, and i need some Vallejo paints but need to sort out what i need first. By the time i get round to sorting it, it will probably be a few days to a couple of weeks lol

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
For me a bigger range of 1:32 scale. Trumpeter kits for instance. I certainly have 4 or 5 of theirs in mind for the future. That said, my stash is now at 9 plus the one I am working with and my latest order, a present for my son's birthday, will be the last until I have got through a few builds....... well that's the plan anyway....

Other thing I have bought elsewhere include:

Mr Dissolved Putty - brilliant for those hard to sand spots if anyone has not used it. I apply it with a cocktail stick and capillary action pulls it into the joints.

Mr Cement S - though you do have plastic weld that looks as if it might be an alternative, I have got some from you but not used it yet.

I seem to get through a lot of IPA - I will next be buying a 10 ltr supply as its a lot cheaper off Amazon but if you can get it....

Photo etch seatbelts, decals, canopy masks, but I understand the problem you might have but perhaps getting a limited supply that relate to the model stock you have with links to tempt purchase.

First Name
Andy
Hi John,

May I ask if it is at all possible to get some more building materials (different types of plastic shapes and sizes, hope that makes sense) please...

Many, many thanks for providing us with a great shop & forum too...

Andy...

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I've looked at getting "Mr etc" but I can only get them from one place and the supply is a little hit and miss to be constant, but I will look at decals and masks again, looking at what people search for on the shop decals is by far the biggest search.

Andy I will try and get more those sort of things I add when I come across them but don't usually do a specific search for them

T

tecdes

One thing that I have noticed John which I think is relevant to your article here.

Reading some of the replies since I joined here it is obvious that some do not realise there is a Shop attached. Or put it another way this Forum is attached & run by the shop.

I know you have Scale Model Shop at the top here. But members are so interested to get to the Forum they do not see your shop advert.

Realise you cannot have it plastered every where but if it was me & running such a good forum I would plaster it about a lot more. In bright red flashing. Well perhaps not but that is my message.

Laurie

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
John. Are you able to get hold of the Aeromaster, Eaglecals or Techmod decals that have sheets of RAF roundalls, Swastikas etc etc. They could be good sellers too