What do you buy else where?

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Hi John I been looking through the Vallejo range and like the 6/8 bottle kits that are out there with the guides on how to achieve certain looks.

Recently I got val waffen SS uniforms and also Panzer ace Late war German vehicles ( both are superb )

Now I'm looking for British tanks of WW2 as I have a 1/35 Cromwell and a Centaur to paint. I see the kit on evilbay 78407 AV but can't see the same on here, can you help, would be nice to get the 6/8 plus guide

Many thanks

Robert

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
\ said:
I like Mr/Gunze products, they're all top quality
My wish list includes a set of micro punches for making rivets etc. Someone, somewhere in the UK must sell them surely :emo10:
I have a set of punches think there are 12.and rarely use them

Robert

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Thanks John stick one by for me, let me know when I'm and I'll have it off you

Many thanks

Robert

B

Benhur

Being new I have only just seen this thread. For years I have bought all my model rail from Germany. Now having gone back to making Airfix type kits I have been buying from a firm called Emodels. Reason why is that they stock almost everything but most important is they use DPD as their courier. This courier has tracking that will tell me not only the day or hour but within five minutes when my parcel will arrive which means I dont have to spend most of a day waiting on Parcelforce or others. Now if John used them I would not hesitate to buy from him as I find this site most useful and our members having nothing but praise for Scalemodels.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
Now if John used them I would not hesitate to buy from him as I find this site most useful and our members having nothing but praise for Scalemodels.
DPD and Interlink are part of the same group, I use Interlink and they also use the predictive text 1 hour delivery thing :smiling3:

But I have to book them before 10am, which I do most days, if I do you can order before 1pm for next working day

B

Benhur

Thanks John. That sound fine. With DPD they have a map showing the route taken by their van and you can see where they are and that you will be their next stop. Amazing service.

Anyway will try Interlink and see how it goes. Will send on order in the next couple of days although you may not have everything in stock but there is no great hurry.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
With DPD they have a map showing the route taken by their van
It's the same system.

If it's not in stock it's not available to order, but I place orders every week with most of my suppliers so if I don't have it it's never more than a couple of days away

L

Laurie

\ said:
Will send on order in the next couple of days although you may not have everything in stock but there is no great hurry.
Just to say a little thanks to John and inform recently joined members.

I live in the Channel Isles which entails John sending anything I order by land sea and air.

It is very rare that I do not get a delivery within 24 hours of ordering. Some have been within 18 hours.

That is about 400 miles on land and another 150 miles over the sea. Does not get better.

On stock. John stocks high quality stuff. Before I found SMF I used Emodels and tohers & became tired with

some of the quality of the goods stocked. Numerous things I have replaced. Tired old soft aluminium

tweezers for John's quality sprung metal as an instance. Vallejo paint is cheaper and on top of that

you get points which you can use on future purchases.

The forum is full of seasoned model makers and John takes note of their wants and finds those tools

and goods which are not up to scratch. Also items to take into stock which have been recommended

by members.

Also you do get on this forum a wealthy of free incredible advice from experienced model makers

from all over the globe. Incredible that replies for help are measured in minutes coming in thick and fast.

A note to John can he get what you want is answered by return.

Free. This forum is run and paid for by John, all the equipment upgrades and daily tweaking, to keep us happy on the

best forum that I have experienced. So all in all you are on to a good thing. Just to say the forum was set

up before the shop.

Laurie

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Thanks Uncle Laurie the cheque is in the post :D

Seriously I do appreciate the feedback, and Laurie is right it does help support the forum and keep it free.

A

Apokalipse

Elsewhere?

What do you mean elsewhere? John has everything in stock! :confused:

Seriously though, Scale Model Shop is amazing, especially when it comes to accessories and tools. The only reason I don't buy everything from here is because buying from the small amount of local shops here is of course cheaper due to postage.

But really this is an example of an excellent shop. Everything is easy to find and presented well. When I think I'm done shopping I find things I didn't even know I need. :P

John's been busy posting boxes every week or two to Slovenia. :D

D

Dave1973

I bought a few models off eBay, only because they were impassable deals. I've ordered paint and models from John, and have to say the packaging was good, no problems with things getting broken, and the speed of delivery was excellent. The range of paint and weathering items is huge, but there's always going to be that one certain thing not listed. However, I didn't know (thank you for telling us John) that you can get unlisted things as well! Handy to know, as I'll ask in future before going elsewhere.

I'm relatively new to modelling, but the bug has bitten and as I'm going nowhere for a good few years, I'm here to stay. So Johns shop will be a daily visit!

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
I didn't know (thank you for telling us John) that you can get unlisted things as well!
I'm more than happy to get things to order, I wish I could stock everything that everyone wanted but that's impossible, I'm expanding again this month because I've out grown where I am, again, that will give me 1600sq ft of storage, so will be able to start getting more stuff :smiling3:

I've just taken on the full range of Eureka XXL, towing cables, PE and resin parts

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Your a superb service everytime i use u can I get things to order then..I have wish list on amazon that keeps all the items I want from different shops and my wife just cleans the the list out..so if I send u the list could u please tell me if u can get the items would rather use u than a Chinese or European country

Many thanks

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
so if I send u the list could u please tell me if u can get the items
Of cause you can :smiling3:

D

Dave1973

John,

I'm wanting some ultimate wash dark dirt, but you only have four other colours on the website. Can you get this one?

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
John,
I'm wanting some ultimate wash dark dirt, but you only have four other colours on the website. Can you get this one?
Yes but probably not any time soon, I'm only out of the light and dark dirt got plenty of the others