What do you do with all your completed models

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
She don’t care the thing is out of tune and it’s really a piece of junk. 20 years ago she had to have it now she wants to get rid of it so I made a Millitary shrine out of the top of it but it’s getting crowded. I may have to migrate to another room

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I too have gotten to the point of "if it fits in the hole I build it". Have tried to have a cull in the past and find it more difficult now than I did as a kid..In those days I had an air riffel.
I do however have a couple of places that are taken up with the stash, So the plane is to move the stash under the bench and build display cases where the shelves are.....

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
She don’t care the thing is out of tune and it’s really a piece of junk. 20 years ago she had to have it now she wants to get rid of it so I made a Millitary shrine out of the top of it but it’s getting crowded. I may have to migrate to another room

HI Lee what sort of piano is it the upright one or the big flat one ? an is SWMBO a nice player as I love to hear one of them playin
chris

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
HI Lee what sort of piano is it the upright one or the big flat one ? an is SWMBO a nice player as I love to hear one of them playin
chris

Chris. It’s a upright but it’s out of tune and half the keys don’t work. My wife can play a little but my sister in law is the best

First Name
Noel
What to do with and how to store or display finished models will always present a problem. My car models go into a display cabinet and get rotated in and out of boxes periodically. Surprisingly, display cabinets are not dustproof! When I get them out I use a soft makeup blusher brush that I purloined from my other half. It is brilliant for getting into nooks and crannies to dust the models without dislodging anything.
You aircraft guys have most problems especially with flimsy undercarriage parts liable to breakage.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
So far I have not run out of display cabinet space.....nor do I intend to. If needs be I will just acquire or build another cabinet (I currently have three) I simply do not have the heart to box up or bin something I have poured so much time and effort into.P1011309.JPG

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I did have a clear out of some of the bigger dios, made sure I took lots of photos before putting them into the attic. Another one I took apart, kept the models and threw the building away.:crying:
It's not good , what would you do if you couldn't build any more because you had no room, pack up !

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I'd figure out more room......it's all in how you manage it.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
So far mine are in display cabinets and glass box displays. I prefer displaying what I've built rather than hiding them away. Also it keeps my building and collecting to a minimum...can't believe I just said that. :tears-of-joy:
The dioramas are stacked on top of each other in their glass cases. I'm lucky SWMBO has given me the landing to display my stuff.

Cheers,
Richard

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Most of mine are either used as practice pieces or in most cases thrown out after a while

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Same as you Del. Although i am looking at getting more shelves added and getting another cabinet. Not cheap though.

IMG_2113.JPG

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
So far I have not run out of display cabinet space.....nor do I intend to. If needs be I will just acquire or build another cabinet (I currently have three) I simply do not have the heart to box up or bin something I have poured so much time and effort into.View attachment 416685
Are the heavy duty padlocks to keep them safe?