What Do You Make of This??

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I'm not posting this on 'Spots on the internet' - and it's not April 1st.....................a07007a_heinkel-he111-motorhead_box-front_web_1.jpg
OK, it's Airfix's He 111 with Motorhead decals! with a DVD/CD!
Unless you're a fan of Motorhead, who is going to buy this? a lot of the younger generation wouldn't be familiar with them - I think the Airfix Marketing Crowd must all be fans of Lemmy!
Dave
( pre-order on Airfix website at £27.99)

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
As weird as it is, I read that this is an extra edition as the ones that they made in the first run got sold out in 'record' time so they did a second run.
It would seem that Motorhead are maybe more popular than we think. LOL

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Another avenue for outlet on this is record collectors. If Airfix did it in vinyl they would ship a shedload......I’d probably buy it........

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
wonder how many we will see built at next years shows?

not that original an idea........its only 2 years since Revell did Ed Force One

97455310.jpg

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Saw motorhead a few times, many years back lol. Ears still buzzing!!

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Iron Maiden 'Aces High' Spitfire next perhaps? Or a Beastie Boys 'Licensed to Ill' Boeing 727, or an Eminem 'Kamikaze' F-86?

The Heinkel is unique that's for sure.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
OK, it's Airfix's He 111 with Motorhead decals! with a DVD/CD!
Does it include the disc, or is it just that the box art includes the album sleeve and a record to show it’s an album sleeve?

Unless you're a fan of Motorhead, who is going to buy this?
Modellers who know a Motörhead fan who asked them to build it for them, I suppose. It’s why I ended up building the Ed Force One kit that Paul posted above.

a lot of the younger generation wouldn't be familiar with them
I wouldn’t say that too soon, if I were you. Apparently, people these days listen to a lot more varied music than us of older generations used to (I’m 45, I suppose I can count myself among those by now) — streaming services like Spotify make it very easy to come across old songs that you may like. Far easier than when the radio and buying a single or a whole album (or borrowing them off a mate, of course) were your only real way to hear music you didn’t know yet.

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
OK i'll be the fall guy but who the heck is motorhead (pop group are they ) as bobs ears are still ringin:rolling: im totally out of this scene an know nothing about it an on the pic it shows a gun turret below the cockpit that's not correct is it ? an Dave it looks more like a vinly record than a dvd or cd ? totally mystified I am is this somrthing like a toon kit ? :rolling:
chris

Last edited:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
i dont think by any stretch of the imagination could you describe Motorhead as a 'pop group' :flushed:

metal band, now defunct since Lemmy died, were around nearly 40 years-ish

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
No Sleep Til Hammersmith was a good buy for me back in the early 80's. Shame its a plane. I'll wait for the Lemmy Leopard tank. LOL

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
As far as I can see, the vinyl/dvd/cd is just artwork only. It's a proper 1/72 kit, but Special decals - obviouslyA07007Aa-720.jpg
If you type 'Airfix motorhead' into Google , the top results are from Heavy Metal websites ( ie kerrang! ), so the marketing decision seems to work!
Dave

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
I had seen this before and dismissed it. But looking at the complete artwork ,Dave ,I'm quite tempted ,in spite of myself.
Not a Motorhead fan particularly, but for accuracy's sake I would have to add a chin turret.....

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
OK i'll be the fall guy but who the heck is motorhead (pop group are they ) as bobs ears are still ringin:rolling: im totally out of this scene an know nothing about it an on the pic it shows a gun turret below the cockpit that's not correct is it ? an Dave it looks more like a vinly record than a dvd or cd ? totally mystified I am is this somrthing like a toon kit ? :rolling:
chris
Here you are Chris:
Enjoy!
Pete

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Fell asleep :flushed: thought my ears were coming off lol

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The kids these days will never understand their parents or even grand parents listening to their classics. Deep Purple, Black sabbath, the stones, .... Those where the days...

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Too true, my students just stare as if i am from another planet lol

Thin Lizzy, Judas priest etc