What do you want?

W

whittle-green

If you could write a list of all the items you've found hard to get for model railways, what would it be?

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I suppose the only thing I could think of that I found hard to get would be grave/tomb stones for N gauge, I managed to get some on ebay.

But seen that I'm still collecting I just pick things up as I find them, the only thing I can't find are ducks :sad:

M

Moped Rider

N guage ducks

I suppose the only thing I could think of that I found hard to get would be grave/tomb stones for N gauge, I managed to get some on ebay.But seen that I'm still collecting I just pick things up as I find them, the only thing I can't find are ducks :sad:
Bearing in mind that they are likely to be no more than 2mm long are you going to be able to see them in your N gauge pond?

I would be inclined towards a bit of artistic licence and paint a duck shaped blob on your pond with a small stencil. And then when the blob has dried put another smaller blob on top for a head. Cheap but effective. The big advantage of N gauge is that you can get away with less of the fiddly detail and instead focus on (for me anyway) the dramatic structures and scenery.

By the way my favourite emicon has appeared.

Cheers

:scooter:

PS I do take the duck comment to be a bit of humour by the way. Once you get to know me you will understand that I tend to take all humour seriously as folk don't joke about the serious hobby of model railways! :wink: