What I found in the back of the stash

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
No benchtime for a while - bad shakes - I decided to look in my 1/72 spares box for some modern(ish ) pilots to fit in my FAA builds. At the back of a cupboard, I found a box which contained a tangle of parts in a horrible brown plastic
P1060149.JPG

Sorting them out, there are 3 models - all FROG moulds originally - these are Russian products - Maybe Novo, maybe Donetsk all dating from late 70's to mid 80's ( I think )
Blenheim 1F - Frog 1969 - actually has decals and instructions - just a little flash ( !! ) in places..............P1060150.JPGP1060156.JPGP1060153.JPGflash.JPG

Barracuda II - Frog 1964P1060154.JPG

Firefly - Frog 1972P1060155.JPG

All of these models have been reboxed numerous times by different makers, and I've actually found instructions on the net!
I think the only reason I could have bought these was as part of a bundle - at least that's my excuse!
I can see why these were relegated to a hard to reach box - but that Barracuda has a weird attraction.
As a result of my original quest, I DID find a half dozen pilots ( with helmets ) in various colour plastics - blue, red, yellow as well as grey and white!
Dave

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
That looks more like chocolate than plastic to me Dave :tongue-out:
Always nice to find lost treasures :thumb2:
Cheers, Steven

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I also found the plastic for a Frog Sea Venom - which has the thickest canopy I have ever seen - almost 1:1 scale! In the same box was an Italeri 1/72 Mig-15, complete - this was a Dragon model reboxed - and is now being boxed by Zvezda. The treasures keep on coming. I have an old single wardrobe in the corner of my store room, I can't open the door properly because of stuff piled against it - but with a torch, I can see through a crack - A Hercules , and a Supermodel Blohm & Voss BV 138. Now, until I get the door open, I can't tell whether they are holding their rightful occupants, or other goodies - watch this space
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Since I can't do any benchtime - I thought I'd dig into the lesser visited areas! My Doc has altered my medicine doseage, and she thinks it'll take a day or so to kick in, so more exploration may be taking place
Dave

R

Ranwulf

I don't really have a stash. I have a shelving unit with some unbuilt kits and dust, a lot of dust.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Don'tchalove those little surprises? PaulE

Reactions: JR

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
At one period, I had an ebay addiction ( when it was easier to get bargains ), and I used to buy ( and sell stuff ) - I bought some job lots ( allegedly deceased modellers stashes! ), and I never really knew what I had bought! If it was interesting/good it went into the main stash, poor/boring it went into the moribund stash.........................
Now, I have a chance to reassess some of these - and most of those are still poor & boring, just dustier.
I got over ebay - the pressure of work meant that I had little time to make models, and even less to pick them up from the post office depot. I couldn't get them delivered to my office, as a previous co-worker had been sacked for running his own business there!
Dave

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well let's hope the new dosage suits Dave and you can have a go at these oldies, be those decals fall apart !

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
An update on discoveries...............
The Supermodel BV 138 proved to be this - although my box is very tatty! supermodel bv 138.jpg

Thick plastic, raised panel lines - but pretty well unique!
The Hercules box contained a whole raft of vacforms & short run models, none of which really grabbed my attention - apart from this................rareplane skyshark.jpg

Sadly, when I looked at the parts, the canopy had turned a dull orange colour, through age, I suppose - can't think that I could find a replacement!
Anyway, I'm back at the bench again, so exploration has been terminated..................
Dave

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just when It was getting exciting seeing all these weird and wonderful models you've collected .