What is the most satisfying model you have made?

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Totally agree with Alan....some most excellent modelling:smiling4:

I was going to add one of mine but most of my stuff looks like a 5yr old did it:smiling5:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Well here is a two year olds efforts then. Even though I messed up the tracks I had a great time painting and detailing the Stug

IMG_0496.JPGIMG_0498.JPGIMG_0502.JPGIMG_0519.JPG

Some terrific builds everyone. I am honoured to be part of this much talent

Steve

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
No, No, - it's not about the final appearance, it's the pleasure of building, and your own satisfaction that I mean. Few of my models are what you would call show class, but it's the personal feeling of fulfillment, immaterial of whether anyone else sees it!
Dave

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I suppose the most satisfying build i've made is infact one that i had little to do with. This is my sons 1/72 Academy Typhoon and i have to say it was a joy to build with him. It's only his second ever model and he loves it. Although he has learned the hard way the curse of the Academy decals. They are really REALLY :poop: . Still i suppose you don't have to be that involved to get the most satisfaction. I've a 1/72 P-51D to build with my other son next and i cannot wait.IMG_1229.JPGIMG_1231.JPGIMG_1230.JPG

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
If this was a competition, Alan wins hands down!

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
the Academy decals. They are really REALLY :poop:
Really really lucky? (That’s the actual meaning of that smiley, but you need a Japanese cultural background to think of it that way :smiling3:j

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
What an interesting thread and so many outstanding models to show. People have a right to be proud.
Unlike many I didn't build models as a child. My very first model was after I retired. I needed a hobby - the wife told me so :rolling: I was so pleased with that very first model - I have certainly made better but that will always be special. Brush painted, no weathering and it even had a figure!!
Tamiya Willy's Jeep.

P1000148(1).JPG

Jim

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Jim
Very nice I remember you doing this one

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
IMG_20190309_124100507.jpg

It's a no -brainer for me.
Even though I make my living from making models , this is the first model I have completed in about 40 years that isn't for work or for somebody else.
And the great thing is it actually looks better than I expected it to , and that's down to having this forum as a talking-shop and centre of encouragement.
So many thanks guys!
Neil

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
It's very hard to choose. I always liked this one and it's one of the few that has never ended up in the loft!

port_rear_col_small.jpg

It's a very well known subject, so important to get it right.

I was also pleased with a bit that is hardly seen, H-J M's harness, which was as fiddly as it looks.

harness 2_web.jpg

Cheers

Steve