What Next? suggestions welcome.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Richard,
I have bad memories of a Trumpeter ML-20 152mm Howitzer - the PE almost made me shave my head an retreat to a monastery!
I have done smaller field pieces............
1-35 Dragon M55 Quad 50 Dave Ward.jpg
Helicopters, I did a group build last year - Heller 1/48 Alouettealouette .jpg

Nuclear Submarines - a bit too simple? Commercial Airliner - I did make an attempt at a Etihad Airbus last year, but I made a total hash of the decals! I do have this in the stash, thoughrevell junkers.jpg
Or even this...................
junkers w.jpg
Decisions, Decisions...............
Dave

Last edited:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
HI DAVE well I don't understand you buyin it if you have no intenshions of building it or was it just an impulse buy ? an dave I don't mean to cause you offence by what ive just said.an as DAVE W has said the size of it how big is it ?
chris

I had fully intended to build it as it would make a nice shelf-filler. The dimensions on the box say it's just over 1 metre long and about 460mm high. Unfortunately I'm not at all happy with the amount of flash on the railings so it quickly ended up on the bottom of my to-do list - which now extends much further into the future than I have left!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I had fully intended to build it as it would make a nice shelf-filler. The dimensions on the box say it's just over 1 metre long and about 460mm high. Unfortunately I'm not at all happy with the amount of flash on the railings so it quickly ended up on the bottom of my to-do list - which now extends much further into the future than I have left!
OH dear Dave I suppoce you are nr as old as me then lol
chris

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Dave the The Ferguson tractor is a nice quick build but I think of you more as a plane “wingy” guy I would find my favorite plane with the a low parts count and easy to build and go from there because I think you’re like me you get burned out easy when you’re overwhelmed

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Richard,
I have bad memories of a Trumpeter ML-20 152mm Howitzer - the PE almost made me shave my head an retreat to a monastery!
I have done smaller field pieces............
View attachment 372607
Helicopters, I did a group build last year - Heller 1/48 AlouetteView attachment 372602

Nuclear Submarines - a bit too simple? Commercial Airliner - I did make an attempt at a Etihad Airbus last year, but I made a total hash of the decals! I do have this in the stash, thoughView attachment 372609
Or even this...................
View attachment 372610
Decisions, Decisions...............
Dave
You say you had a bad experience with decalling last time you did a commercial aircraft dave ,then watch out for those two Junkers - theyve both got a corrugated finish , notoriously difficult to get decals to sit right. Cheers tony

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
After a restless night, trying to decide which model to make - I've decided
None of them!...................................Instead I'm going to start on my Revell Stug IV in Bob's Sturmgeschutz GB!!
Oh well, nice to go into the stash, and look at the models that have been there a long time!
Thanks for all the thoughts & tips
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Peter,
ouch, I bet those go for high prices! The Mark 1 is on ebay, at the moment for £65!
Dave

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Peter,
ouch, I bet those go for high prices! The Mark 1 is on ebay, at the moment for £65!
Dave
That's about the going rate for considering when they came out first they retailing about £25 that's how much I brought first one for about 25 years ago.
And I must confess I have just snapped up a movie one.