What's on the bench 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Ian. My understanding was that this was a thread for those to post the occasional update that didn’t have the time or energy to run a complete build log thread. Or alternatively those, like me, that produce a lot of similar stuff that would bore people silly if I ran a thread for each set of figures I do. Looks like I was incorrect. Sorry!

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
No one directly, but that build you are into right now looks amazing and it must be worth a thread of its own....

There has just been a surge in the posts in this thread that could be much better in a thread of their own.
It was my understanding that the idea behind this thread was "this is what is on the bench", a photo or two and thats it.
Ok thanks for sorting me out, I appreciate it

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Can I please remind you all that this thread is intended to just throw the odd picture up of what is on the bench Not detailed and continuing builds.
We have a section for just about anything and everything. I urge you all to use them. There are some very interesting posts in here that will eventually be lost in all the confusion.
If this thread is to survive, can we please get it back to the plot and keep the build threads in the build sections.
I think I’m guilty too sacked again Governor. Excuse me while I go make a build thread……….Again

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Invested over 7 hours in the HGW harness set for the Arado 234B-2n and with over 50 pieces total, they're finally done,

IMG_2810.JPG

What a royal PITA..................Fun, but still a PITA..........Crazy is, you can fully adjust them too!!!.....Gotta love this hobby!!!.................

Prost
Allen

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Hi all, I think Ian has a point, there are some seriously good builds going on that deserve their own thread & it's hard to keep track on this thread. Some of the work could do with a step by step thread to show us how you do it!

Tim, what you are doing is posting what you've done or are doing, which is just as I intended when I started the thread. As you say each set of figures are similar, but as someone who struggles with figures I'd like to see how you do them, they look brilliant!

My bench still has the Cromwell on it, which is having a coat of SCC15 green, much nicer than that 4BO stuff, but the next build is a T-34 for Lee's Soviet Armour Group Build. Must put in a request for Some 4BO to the nice Comrade Race, who has cornered the world supply of the stuff........

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Invested over 7 hours in the HGW harness set for the Arado 234B-2n and with over 50 pieces total, they're finally done,

View attachment 443232

What a royal PITA..................Fun, but still a PITA..........Crazy is, you can fully adjust them too!!!.....Gotta love this hobby!!!.................

Prost
Allen
One word.....WOW!!!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Anyhow...
As you might have seen the Vosper is off the bench and now hiding in the completed boats section. So what now...
Well I have had this 90% built Gannet in 1/48 from classic airframes. I kinda stalled it when I found the canopies do not fit. A common issue it would seem. (Nearly all photos of finished ones have the cockpits open one even had a 'dustcover' over it lol). So while I figure out what to start next, I will sort that out.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
IMG_2810.JPG

Prost
Allen

You certainly win the "Mad as a box of frogs" award this month. In the immortal words of Major Clipton from The Bridge on the River Kwai - Madness! Madness!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi all, I think Ian has a point, there are some seriously good builds going on that deserve their own thread & it's hard to keep track on this thread. Some of the work could do with a step by step thread to show us how you do it!

Tim, what you are doing is posting what you've done or are doing, which is just as I intended when I started the thread. As you say each set of figures are similar, but as someone who struggles with figures I'd like to see how you do them, they look brilliant!

My bench still has the Cromwell on it, which is having a coat of SCC15 green, much nicer than that 4BO stuff, but the next build is a T-34 for Lee's Soviet Armour Group Build. Must put in a request for Some 4BO to the nice Comrade Race, who has cornered the world supply of the stuff........
Well, I’ll take that as permission to carry on as I am then Graeme. Many thanks :thumb2:
I’ll do a full blog on figures in the spring if you are interested. My current ones are half way through and after that I’ll be diverted by the Russian tank GB.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Ian. My understanding was that this was a thread for those to post the occasional update that didn’t have the time or energy to run a complete build log thread. Or alternatively those, like me, that produce a lot of similar stuff that would bore people silly if I ran a thread for each set of figures I do. Looks like I was incorrect. Sorry!
And that it is Tim. But of late there has been some Mini builds going on. The, what I call, hit and run posts are fine. Its not like you are posting a whole set of pictures for each of your exquisite little figures. So no worries dude.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Anyhow...
As you might have seen the Vosper is off the bench and now hiding in the completed boats section. So what now...
Well I have had this 90% built Gannet in 1/48 from classic airframes. I kinda stalled it when I found the canopies do not fit. A common issue it would seem. (Nearly all photos of finished ones have the cockpits open one even had a 'dustcover' over it lol). So while I figure out what to start next, I will sort that out.
It's back in the box and bench empty :disappointed:
Somewhere between starting, a good couple of years ago, and t'other day when I pulled it out again, several parts have gone AWOL. Like the landing gear.... cant do a wheels up and in flight as the wheels are exposed even when up!

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Italeri Douglas P70 1:48 has started to come together.
IMG_7586.JPG
The cockpit has still to be weathered and I'm trying to add some details to the engines... first time so, finger crossed (eyes are already...;))
I'm rather satisfied about the kit quality, just some very limited flash and some sturdy sprue gates.
Note to the (modeller)Airman: if you want a detailed instrument panel, look for aftermarket accessories as the kit provides no decals (and the details are too small, at least for my painting skills :disappointed2:). Same for the seat belts.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Most excellent Mr. Jones, looking forward to seeing this one in the completed Armor when done Sir. :thumb2:
Rick H.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Great details as always Steve glad to see you posting your art.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Italeri Douglas P70 1:48 has started to come together.
View attachment 443338
The cockpit has still to be weathered and I'm trying to add some details to the engines... first time so, finger crossed (eyes are already...;))
I'm rather satisfied about the kit quality, just some very limited flash and some sturdy sprue gates.
Note to the (modeller)Airman: if you want a detailed instrument panel, look for aftermarket accessories as the kit provides no decals (and the details are too small, at least for my painting skills :disappointed2:). Same for the seat belts.
Coming along well Andrea including the two sputniks.:smiling2: There's always a first time...eyes and fingers crossed.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Status
Not open for further replies.