What's on the bench 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Invested over 7 hours in the HGW harness set for the Arado 234B-2n and with over 50 pieces total, they're finally done,

View attachment 443232

What a royal PITA..................Fun, but still a PITA..........Crazy is, you can fully adjust them too!!!.....Gotta love this hobby!!!.................

Prost
Allen
wow, wow and thrice wow they are superb.

Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Do I like that or do I like that!!!
Cheers Andrew. I'm glad to see you liked my work
Thanks for thumbs up Mark
Most excellent Mr. Jones, looking forward to seeing this one in the completed Armor when done Sir. :thumb2:
Rick H.
Hi Rick. Thanks for the positive feedback my friend
Love the screw jacks.
I enjoyed making them. Very pleased with how they turned out
Great details as always Steve glad to see you posting your art.
Many thanks for looking in and commenting Lee. I appreciate it
excellent Steve that is a great finish.
Thanks Paul. I'm looking forward to doing the crapintheback
Cool Mr Jones...nothing like a splatter of dried wet mud at a work site to dirty things up.:thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard
It was a fun process Richard. Twice as much pigment on the bench though, after I had finished :smiling5: :smiling5:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
While waiting for the Rooskie Armor GB I thought I'd get the "Hitchhikers" out of the way. Once again I employed the "Marlow Method" .....and still find these little guys lacking (just my inabilities.....no reflection on you Tim) ....not to mention some very obvious parting lines I missed in the clean up phase.
I will keep practicing and even though I did not quite get the result I was after, I did enjoy playing with the wet pallet and washes. Looks like the lads have been kicking rocks again......I'll have to touch up their boots. C&C's welcome. P1012052.JPGP1012053.JPG

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Wow, channeling Otis Redding there, sitting on the dock of the bay ;)
They look good to me Rick, especially the uniforms and back packs. Perhaps going slightly heavier on the flesh wash could improve the definition of the face, but that does depend on the sculpts.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi all, I think Ian has a point, there are some seriously good builds going on that deserve their own thread & it's hard to keep track on this thread. Some of the work could do with a step by step thread to show us how you do it!

Tim, what you are doing is posting what you've done or are doing, which is just as I intended when I started the thread. As you say each set of figures are similar, but as someone who struggles with figures I'd like to see how you do them, they look brilliant!

My bench still has the Cromwell on it, which is having a coat of SCC15 green, much nicer than that 4BO stuff, but the next build is a T-34 for Lee's Soviet Armour Group Build. Must put in a request for Some 4BO to the nice Comrade Race, who has cornered the world supply of the stuff........
Sir, much nicer than 4BO ! how could you, are you related to Bob?

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi All,

Andrew, Stevie and Paul, thanks for the kudos for my Arado seat belts and they were fun? Stevie, listen to the intro to the album "Dark Side Of The Moon" and that's me, 100%.........

Mark, that is one cool finish on the wing thingy, but I always thought Vampire's dressed in black and only came out at night..........

Rick, You should be real proud of those. At that scale, I couldn't even see them, let alone paint 'em. They look GOOD buddy!!! Oh, and don't mind Tim, he's off his meds again.....................

Me, I've been busy working on different things. I only wish our weather would get better so I can use the spray booth. Can't hand paint this,

IMG_2812.JPG

Or the rest of the interior parts either.....So in the meantime I have been working on this,

IMG_2819.JPG

Ok, quit laughing!!!!!!!! This was hard work guys!!! Italeri's finest and I need this pole for for something else I've been playing with on the table (don't have a bench). A rough idea,

IMG_2817.JPG

Still a long way to go, but the basic plan is there. Not happy with the street though, too lumpy..............

Prost
Allen

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi All,

Andrew, Stevie and Paul, thanks for the kudos for my Arado seat belts and they were fun? Stevie, listen to the intro to the album "Dark Side Of The Moon" and that's me, 100%.........

Mark, that is one cool finish on the wing thingy, but I always thought Vampire's dressed in black and only came out at night..........

Rick, You should be real proud of those. At that scale, I couldn't even see them, let alone paint 'em. They look GOOD buddy!!! Oh, and don't mind Tim, he's off his meds again.....................

Me, I've been busy working on different things. I only wish our weather would get better so I can use the spray booth. Can't hand paint this,

View attachment 443727

Or the rest of the interior parts either.....So in the meantime I have been working on this,

View attachment 443728

Ok, quit laughing!!!!!!!! This was hard work guys!!! Italeri's finest and I need this pole for for something else I've been playing with on the table (don't have a bench). A rough idea,

View attachment 443729

Still a long way to go, but the basic plan is there. Not happy with the street though, too lumpy..............

Prost
Allen
A bit of sanding in line would take the rough off Dude1.Liking this .

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi All,

View attachment 443727

View attachment 443728

View attachment 443729

Prost
Allen
Allen, all looking mighty fine mate.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Wow, channeling Otis Redding there, sitting on the dock of the bay ;)
They look good to me Rick, especially the uniforms and back packs. Perhaps going slightly heavier on the flesh wash could improve the definition of the face, but that does depend on the sculpts.
Thanks Tim.....yeah, Otis Redding was a fav. of mine back in the day.......got some more of these little guys left......will do them up and see if I can improve 'em over the first batch.

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi All,

View attachment 443727

View attachment 443728

View attachment 443729

Prost
Allen
Allen!......Allen!.....Allen!, Glad you like them "Rooskie Riders" Sir. Your street scene is the Bomb, I don't think it will require much smoothing of the road, as it was wartime and the maint. and upkeep was more than a little to be desired. Sort of goes with the building in the background, if you get my drift.....

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
P.S. I see from the box art that you get 4 seated and 2 standing figures.....
.... What are they like mate?
Andy

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Jim, up in New York, has one of these on the bench also...I believe his is most of the way finished. Not sure if it was a Tamiya kit or not. Might look up his build thread to see if he hit any snags along the way. Yours is coming along nice so far Mark.....keep it up. Rick H. :thumb2:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
While waiting for the Rooskie Armor GB I thought I'd get the "Hitchhikers" out of the way. Once again I employed the "Marlow Method" .....and still find these little guys lacking (just my inabilities.....no reflection on you Tim) ....not to mention some very obvious parting lines I missed in the clean up phase.
I will keep practicing and even though I did not quite get the result I was after, I did enjoy playing with the wet pallet and washes. Looks like the lads have been kicking rocks again......I'll have to touch up their boots. C&C's welcome. View attachment 443707View attachment 443708
Just waiting for a Tank. They look great Rick.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Status
Not open for further replies.