What's on the Bench? 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi all
Not updated anything for a while, so here are the latest from my bench. To me, they do not compare with the great work on show here, and you guys are probably getting as bored with seeing them as I am with painting them......but here are more pug uglies, this time with arrow shooting things.....

View attachment 425624
View attachment 425625
View attachment 425626
View attachment 425627

..and the obligatory calibration shot....
View attachment 425628
Cheers all, hope they are of some passing interest!
Nicely done Tim. Out of interest do you have with them or are they just for display purposes?

ATB.

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nicely done Tim. Out of interest do you have with them or are they just for display purposes?

ATB.

Andrew
Hi Andrew
I do game occasionally, Covid permitting! These are being put together to try the “Oathmark” set of rules. I have a WW2 collection that is used for “Chain of command” and a fantasy skirmish set that will be used for “Frostgrave“ very soon. I have dabbled in quite a few periods and games over the years, but as my regular gaming mate doesn’t paint I have to provide both sides and the terrain! The trouble is I sometimes get bored and move on so I’ve a lot of part finished groups! Now I’ve got a room where I can see them all it may spur me on to get other groups up to gaming….

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Andrew
I do game occasionally, Covid permitting! These are being put together to try the “Oathmark” set of rules. I have a WW2 collection that is used for “Chain of command” and a fantasy skirmish set that will be used for “Frostgrave“ very soon. I have dabbled in quite a few periods and games over the years, but as my regular gaming mate doesn’t paint I have to provide both sides and the terrain! The trouble is I sometimes get bored and move on so I’ve a lot of part finished groups! Now I’ve got a room where I can see them all it may spur me on to get other groups up to gaming….
Thanks...... And well done for interpreting my phone's autocorrect error correctly...... It always seems to prefer 'have' to 'game' for unknown reasons.

ATB.

Andrew

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nicely cast..........won't be too much clean up on the parting lines. Who's the Manufacturer......sort of reminds me of the old Lesney Matchbox series. Following with interest.....after all it is "small" scale ;) ;)
Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Those will keep the "Krauts" busy.....planning a dio. for these guys? ;) Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Here's the latest on the Borgward B 3000 conversion. Really pleased with the way the louvers came out on the hood side panels and the replacement grill work is pretty convincing as well. Still have that seam line on the bed....even after sanding and repainting, I think the wash has re-enhanced it. Still a ways to go on this........more later. Rick H.P1011869.JPGP1011870.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That's amazing, from all appearances it looked to be a die-cast toy! Even after going back and studying the photos again, I see nothing that would lead me to believe it is injection moulded. Have fun with this Mark, I think you can make something worthwhile out of it.........just depends on how much effort you are willing to put into it. Rick H. :thumb2:

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
That's amazing, from all appearances it looked to be a die-cast toy! Even after going back and studying the photos again, I see nothing that would lead me to believe it is injection moulded. Have fun with this Mark, I think you can make something worthwhile out of it.........just depends on how much effort you are willing to put into it. Rick H. :thumb2:
I may be wrong, Rick, but I think what we are seeing is Mark's weathering....

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I agree Neil....what threw me was the parting line on the gun mantel and barrel assembly.....a dead ringer for a casting line if I ever saw one. :nerd: Rick H.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Absolutely nothing on my bench... only a few boxes from the stash where I open them, sift through the parts, smell the plastic, read the manuals and dream of how they would look finished then put them all back in the stash. How many have this terrible affliction besides loss of mojo I wonder.

But not to worry...I call it a recess akin to stopping and smelling the roses. Anyway the bench is full...chock-a-block...nada space to work on so spring cleaning is about to begin.

That's my report from my bench.:smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Took a pick of the Lady Luck before I went to work the other morning to inspect the decal. There’s still some Silvering seems I’ve put a gallon of Decal set on it I may have to live with it. That’s about it been really busy at work waves of Sea Containers are coming in to the rails now as we get back to a normal. I should to get this lady finished soon 28B3F657-685F-4203-91EE-82BE6126B211.jpeg

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I'm calling this one done.......here's a teaser.....I'll post a completed thread in the softskin section when I return to the forum........it's after 1:am and I need some sleep .....zzzzzzzzz Rick H.P1011871.JPG

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I'm calling this one done.......here's a teaser.....I'll post a completed thread in the softskin section when I return to the forum........it's after 1:am and I need some sleep .....zzzzzzzzz Rick H.View attachment 425837
Fantabulous Rick,
I LOVE it :smiling3:
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.