What's on the Bench? 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hi all
Not posted much here recently, I’ve been in a bit of a slump. Still, onwards and upwards…..finished these doggies. They are 28mm Oathmark figures by North Star Miniatures…painted with Vallejo model colour and tufts by warpainter.
View attachment 429166
View attachment 429167
View attachment 429168
View attachment 429169
View attachment 429170
….and….the obligatory calibration shot……
View attachment 429171

The riders will be along next. Hopefully about a week or so to paint them. After that I have different stuff to give me a change of pace.
Hope you like them ;)
Another fine job Tim

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Hi all
Not posted much here recently, I’ve been in a bit of a slump. Still, onwards and upwards…..finished these doggies. They are 28mm Oathmark figures by North Star Miniatures…painted with Vallejo model colour and tufts by warpainter.
View attachment 429166
View attachment 429167
View attachment 429168
View attachment 429169
View attachment 429170
View attachment 429171

The riders will be along next. Hopefully about a week or so to paint them. After that I have different stuff to give me a change of pace.
Hope you like them ;)
That's what you do in a slump?
wow!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That's what you do in a slump?
wow!
The slump was the reason that they took so long Neil. I would expect to get those done in a couple of weeks , there are only ten after all….but they took over a month….I just didn’t want to sit down and get on with them! Glad you like them though :thumb2:

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Outstanding Tim the facial expressions are off the scale every one his own character ,people ask what or who's work inspires me I always say if something makes me think wow ,I've been inspired so thanks Tim. Dave
Ps perhaps show them to thoes having trouble chasing off cats.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Outstanding Tim the facial expressions are off the scale every one his own character ,people ask what or who's work inspires me I always say if something makes me think wow ,I've been inspired so thanks Tim. Dave
Ps perhaps show them to thoes having trouble chasing off cats.
Thanks so much Dave. That is a really nice comment to receive. Don’t think they’ll work for cat scaring though….I’ve got two cats, and one of them nicks my painting water every night…so much so that I’ve taken to refilling the container with fresh water and moving it to the front of the bench to minimise night visit damage!

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi all
View attachment 429166
View attachment 429167
View attachment 429168
View attachment 429169
View attachment 429170
View attachment 429171

Hope you like them ;)
Hi Tim,
I`ve only just seen these,all the superlatives have been used already by my Peers,so i`ll just say ,"WOW" ,I know it`s weak,but the best i can do!!;)
The detailing,as with all of your work,is stunning,(even the claws look real!!),i`m also loving the groundwork..... many a nice model is spoilt by an "Un supportive",(ie,poor quality)base!
Top stuff as ever mate:cool:,
Andy

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Tim,
I`ve only just seen these,all the superlatives have been used already by my Peers,so i`ll just say ,"WOW" ,I know it`s weak,but the best i can do!!;)
The detailing,as with all of your work,is stunning,(even the claws look real!!),i`m also loving the groundwork..... many a nice model is spoilt by an "Un supportive",(ie,poor quality)base!
Top stuff as ever mate:cool:,
Andy
Many thanks Andy. The claws were easy….just outlined the area in black using a wash, painted the claws beige brown, then give them a thin layer of ivory white and another coat of ivory white where the highlights are, to build up the colour depth. As to the bases, a coat of earth coloured basing material ( I colour it with powder paint as I mix it). Add stones, which in my case came from a big bag herself has for basing pond plants, then flock. Three flock colours used here, rough pasture, dark green, and spring green, all from Javis. Last on are a couple of tufts from the warpainter range. Simples!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Vette looks great Lee, a real silver bullet. Looks like a bit of work in the DB5 though. Not surprising, the moulds are probably as old as me….

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Lee, the Vette looks very "muscular".....I was wondering if you were to darken the spokes and centers of those wheels, might give a little more zip to an already fine looking machine.....just a thot Sir. ;) Rick H.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Vette looks great Lee, a real silver bullet. Looks like a bit of work in the DB5 though. Not surprising, the moulds are probably as old as me….
Hi Lee, the Vette looks very "muscular".....I was wondering if you were to darken the spokes and centers of those wheels, might give a little more zip to an already fine looking machine.....just a thot Sir. ;) Rick H.

Thanks Tim. The light keeps giving the car a Silver look but is kind a Ice Blue. Yes I seen the nightmare when I opened the kit on the Aston the right pillar was broken I’ve fixed it several times lots of clean up.

Rick. Thanks for the nice complement. The wheels are already darken hard to see them in the light but the center isn’t I might do that thanks

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I’ve got two cats, and one of them nicks my painting water every night…so much so that I’ve taken to refilling the container with fresh water and moving it to the front of the bench to minimise night visit damage!
I learned long ago to always shut the door to my hobby room when I’m not there, to prevent cats coming in, snooping around and knocking stuff over — or even taking a nap on top of a diorama (as one was known to do long ago).

Status
Not open for further replies.