What's on the Bench? 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thank you Stevie, I still have a few weeks till I'm officially retired (waiting on paperwork) and still working 5 days a week. Just the feeling of being retired has kicked the Mojo sky high my friend!!!

A quick update on the Hetzer and of course, still a bit to do,

View attachment 435966
Airfix Decals on, but they are kinda thick. I went with a single number as It is late war and no time for drawn out artwork. I have given her a good wash with Vallejo European Dust. Nice and easy to brush on and smear about to dull the camo. The lower parts will be mucked up later along with more work on the upper half too. Still can't decide on how I want to do the jack block though...............Need a beer.............

Prost
Allen (Ret.)
Looking very nice matey the dust has toned down the colours very well.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Looking very nice matey the dust has toned down the colours very well.

Thanks Paul. The Vallejo stuff works really good. Like I said to Tim, still a little ways till she's finished and then on to Pete's GB.....

Don't you have a UHU & some other AFV that were destined for a dio that would fit with the Hetzer? BTW, what happened to V2 site Dio now that you're retired?

Yes I do Paul, I have too many things on the go and I am going to try and make progress on some of them with Pete's GB. The UHU with the SWs calls me every time I look at the box. My V-2 project got stalled too. Started too many kits and lost the original plan of 3 dios going crazy with support equipment. I can only hope that when I can finally sit on my butt and not have to work, I can get back on track and "Just Do It". Nothing to really go with the Hetzer though.....Maybe the Möbelwagen....

Prost
Allen (Ret.)

PS, What's so funny Rick?????..............

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Everyone. What do you do when you are bored and fed up with doing tracks and armour? You build a fence post! :smiling5: :smiling5:

View attachment 435933View attachment 435934View attachment 435935View attachment 435936

It was done in a day using 5mm styrene square rod, 3mm wire for the barbed wire and 2mm wire for the ivy stalks/roots. Then painted using acrylics and oils. A little bit of pigments on the stake part and then finished off with Ammo's ivy. Happy modelling everyone.
Wow that's neat Steve .

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks Paul. The Vallejo stuff works really good. Like I said to Tim, still a little ways till she's finished and then on to Pete's GB.....

Yes I do Paul, I have too many things on the go and I am going to try and make progress on some of them with Pete's GB. The UHU with the SWs calls me every time I look at the box. My V-2 project got stalled too. Started too many kits and lost the original plan of 3 dios going crazy with support equipment. I can only hope that when I can finally sit on my butt and not have to work, I can get back on track and "Just Do It". Nothing to really go with the Hetzer though.....Maybe the Möbelwagen....

Prost
Allen (Ret.)

PS, What's so funny Rick?????..............
Ha, Rick is like me pleased to see a completed build. Now of course you are on your way to retirement there will hopefully no stopping you and the flat will be full on completed builds, or are you moving to one of those new apartments near by ?

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
These two chaps are being worked on.
You'll note one appears to be wearing a rah-rah skirt. So I painted the ruffles bright blue. I'm now not sure whether or not to go the whole hog and paint the skirt itself in suitably girlie colours, rather than the drab brown. Any thoughts? (These guys are supposed to be scary, but also a bit ridiculous, if that helps!)

20211014_175511.jpg20211014_175527.jpg20211014_175540.jpg20211014_175549.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice work so far. The blues are looking good . Be careful on the girly colours though, he could end up looking like an elf…..

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Tim. I'm considering making the main body of the skirt black - that way it reads as suitably rufty-tufty, but also matches the blue frills, without being excessively girlie. (Not "excessively girlie"?! He's wearing a frock, for heaven's sake!)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Going with blue then Paul…..good call. It goes with both the frills and the skin tone….

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thanks Tim. I'm considering making the main body of the skirt black - that way it reads as suitably rufty-tufty, but also matches the blue frills, without being excessively girlie. (Not "excessively girlie"?! He's wearing a frock, for heaven's sake!)
Rufti-Tuftie, blue frills? sounds like an RAF Regiment Scaremonger ...

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Friday night - possibly - (but let's go for a latte some time )
Stefano
(It's an alter-ego ... OK!)

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Hi Everyone. What do you do when you are bored and fed up with doing tracks and armour? You build a fence post! :smiling5: :smiling5:

View attachment 435933View attachment 435934View attachment 435935View attachment 435936

It was done in a day using 5mm styrene square rod, 3mm wire for the barbed wire and 2mm wire for the ivy stalks/roots. Then painted using acrylics and oils. A little bit of pigments on the stake part and then finished off with Ammo's ivy. Happy modelling everyone.
Just found some one with time on there hands to build some fence post and stretch some Barb Wire for my new Diorama I’m building.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice........that stripper really does the job!! Is it harmful to plastic/resin? :thumb2: Rick H.

Status
Not open for further replies.