What's on the Bench? 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
As i said, I just love those old style trucks, pity there are no 1/24 scale old Inters, Macks or GMC kits over here, sometimes see some old AMT kits on Ebay but it costs way too much to post from the USA.

Andy.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Heck Lee, I was just a "Snotty" Teenager in 1964! But that truck looked vaguely familiar as I'm a bit of a fan of old internationals.....still have a complete grill from a 1937 D ("Corn Husker") flatbed. I thought that might be you on the fender of the rig you posted but I guess you weren't around yet. Good time to be alive back then.......not a care in the World!
Rick H.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Heck Lee, I was just a "Snotty" Teenager in 1964! But that truck looked vaguely familiar as I'm a bit of a fan of old internationals.....still have a complete grill from a 1937 D ("Corn Husker") flatbed. I thought that might be you on the fender of the rig you posted but I guess you weren't around yet. Good time to be alive back then.......not a care in the World!
Rick H.
Wow haven’t heard some one talk about Corn Huskers for years they put them on lots of trucks seems like they always ran the exhaust through the hood so the husk wouldn’t catch fire I’m not sure on that. That’s my older brother on fender he was 4 years old.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That is so "Cool" Lee..........sorry I didn't notice the family resemblance :rolling: That is a nice looking rig, I assume you are going to do your model in the same livery as the photo and put little Bill on the fender? LOL:thumb2: Rick H.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
That is so "Cool" Lee..........sorry I didn't notice the family resemblance :rolling: That is a nice looking rig, I assume you are going to do your model in the same livery as the photo and put little Bill on the fender? LOL:thumb2: Rick H.
Thanks Rick. The truck will be similar to the pic and the trailer but I think I’m leaving Billy Boy off lol.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
In my case, Junior's three Cromwells and a load of jerry cans and oil drums. I'll use some for my North Africa vignette but figured I might as well get them all primed as I had the AB out!

ATB

Andrew

51623864179_ec62f721f5_b.jpg

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Last edited:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Finally managed to get the camo scheme done. Bit of a toughie but pleased with the result.
That looks very good. I take it you masked and sprayed it as shown in the last picture? Did you add the black lines with a fine brush?

that camo is more than my patients can deal with
They have to go to another doctor to treat them after they’ve seen it? :tongue-out:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
"Bit of a toughie"......seems to be grossly understated from where I stand Mr. Jones! I think you should take a bow after that performance Sir. And well done

Kind words indeed Rick. Much appreciated my friend

That's not tough.... That's insane!!! Very well done indeed......

I thought it was insane at the time as well :smiling5: However once I got a method in my head on how to do it I enjoyed the challenge. Manythanks for the comment

Mine will be getting done in grey,that camo is more than my patients can deal with, very nice job mate.

Going for the borrowed/nicked German version then. Good choice. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

That looks very good. I take it you masked and sprayed it as shown in the last picture? Did you add the black lines with a fine brush?

Yes you are correct about the masks. I just drew the shapes onto Tamiya tape and cut them out with a sharp knife. The fun bit was trying to get them to all to interlock. I took the easy option Jakko and used an acrylic fine pointed Sharpie pen. Once covered in varnish I'm hoping it will withstand my weathering.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark

They have to go to another doctor to treat them after they’ve seen it? :tongue-out:
:smiling5: :tears-of-joy:OK edit done.

Status
Not open for further replies.