What's the eye dropper called to mix (acrylic) paint with water?

S

Spartan

I also use pipettes, and with me being a nurse I can get hold of different size syringes and plastic medicine pots for mixing paints.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Miguel,
I use this pipette bought from a Japanese pound store which comes with reservoir to transfer water or thinners to the mixing pallette...

pipette.jpg

...since using it I have saved on thinner and not made accidental drops. I used to use the rubber topped ones but the thinner fumes degenerated the rubber.

For paint I just use a paint brush to transfer to the pallette. Pallettes are MacD disposable ketchup dishes for acrylics and minor touch ups.
For airbrushing I normally use medicine bottle plastic stoppers as they make nice small recepticles just enough to fill my airbrush cup. For large amounts of paint I mix them in Fuji film cups as they are transparent...don't know if you can still get them. The other kind of mixing pallette I use besides the wet pallettes are mini school pallettes that I cover with kitchen foil. Whenever it's covered in paint I will just throw the foil and rewrap the pallette.

For stirring it's either the paint brush, cocktail sticks and occasionally the stainless steel flat paint stirrers I got from Japan If I don't forget that I have them.

There's no fixed way of mixing paint but the guys have given some tips on the simplest way.

Cheers,
Richard