Where are all the 3D pilots?

W

Wowbagger

C'mon then you guys, what ya got in your 3D, Fun Fly fleet and what d'ya rate as the best? Here's mine:

Limbo Dancer (from the kit) TT46 Pro, 11x5, 4 pounds, CG @ 115mm (4.5"), 148's all round.

Xtreme 3D (from the kit) SC 53, 12x5, 5.25 pounds, CG @ 165mm (6.5"), 3001's all round.

Funtana 40S, ASP 91 FS, 15x4W, 5 lbs 14ozs, CG @ 152mm (6"), 3001's all round except throttle which has a micro.

So far I'm a Funtana fan, but who know's, quite fancy the Pilot Seduction Wildstyle and been watching a guy fly the Weston Hype at our field and am impressed - it could stand some more power though (he's only got a .46 on it) maybe the West 50 or a 91 stroker.

So what ya got?

D

duncan

WEEEEEELLLLL Maybe the title of the forum (Scale) might have something to do with that :smiling3: , I have the solution for you.. check out the Airborne ,oz mag. look for the building instructions for Jumbo Jet and the fighters in the same style. My Jumbo plans are on the way, going to finish in Fudpucker International livery of course. :smiling5: Duncan

W

Wowbagger

WEEEEEELLLLL Maybe the title of the forum (Scale) might have something to do with that :smiling3: ' date=' I have the solution for you.. check out the Airborne ,oz mag. look for the building instructions for Jumbo Jet and the fighters in the same style. My Jumbo plans are on the way, going to finish in Fudpucker International livery of course. :smiling5: Duncan[/quote']Okay Dunc', I'll come back when I've saved enough for a Fiber Classics 35% Extra 330 with a 3W 100 and Futaba 9Z radio... :rolleyes: :smiling5:

D

duncan

Wow , I`m NOT kidding, I promise I am building a Jumbo Jet. Taking your advice...gonna put a Laser 51 in it . Check out Airborne for proof , if that aint FUN I dont know what is. :smiling3: Dunc.,

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Here is a challenge,how about a Twin Limbo or something similar,complete with assymetric motors on seperate throttles,torqy motor spins in the fashion of the Zurokoski cart wheel that was performed at Farnborough in nineteen canteen.

Fair the nose fit two outrigger nacelles which house two micro servo's and away you go into the wild blue yonder,could catch on twin 3D you reckon ?

W

Wowbagger

Wonwinglo, there was a twin profile fun fly marketed a while ago. Could still be available. Paul Heckles could be seen at various shows demonstrating it. Think it was called an Extra something or other (aren't they all?!).

Wouldn't like to be hovering and lose an engine! Supposedly a handy ship though. Yeah, wonder if it could do the Zurokoski cart wheel?

D

duncan

....or four engines ! The Enlightened One, El Boddo did a profile Yankee bomber (Lockheed ?) of between the wars which had twin engines then he went berserk and put another two on it. Bet it sounded nice.

W

Wowbagger

Flippin' ' eck!

Maybe we could make it six and throw in a couple of pushers on the trailing edge too!

Like, how many engines can you lose and still fly? :smiling: