Where to find 1/72 non-military figures.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7181

Hi, as title really.

I'm looking for some 1/72 figures, but non - military. Ideally a seated driver or two, and something like mechanics/recovery people.

The only things I've come up with so far are either pre-painted (expensive) or military (won't really fit the scene), so wondered if you could help me out with a decent source.

Thanks,
Andy.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Have you looked into the companies that sell figures for railroad/railway set ups and alike? I seem to remember Hornby doing figures and at one point i'm sure Airfix did too.

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks chaps, I've looked at OO since they are so similar in scale, but not found anything exactly right yet. Preiser are all I've come up with so far, from Gaugemaster. Their tiny pictures make it had to work out if they are suitable but might end up ordering a set to have a closer look. I suppose I could always adapt them a bit.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Andy, I don't think you can go wrong with Preiser. I have a 2002 catalog that shows quite a few civilian as well as military figs. in 1/72 scale. I'd be willing to bet their line is even more extensive 17 years later. Hope this helps. Rick H.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Andy, you might already know, if you search on eBay, for some reason most civilian figures are found under 'Collectables'

There are some passable white plastic unpainted figures used by architects and railway modellers.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
You could also try looking for 20mm figures, there are many wargames ranges out there that may suit.....