Where to fly my glider?

B

bartley

Hi high flyers.

I'm looking to try out my r/c glider somewhere between Pocklington and Leeds. I'm fully paid up BMFA but not yet a club member. Does anyone know of a site I can contact/use or a quiet secluded area where I can launch it without being a danger to the public? I'm sure that if I have to query the local authorities I'll be on a paper chase forever but I don't want to do anything irresponsble.

Thanks for any help,

Steve.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Hi high flyers.I'm looking to try out my r/c glider somewhere between Pocklington and Leeds. I'm fully paid up BMFA but not yet a club member. Does anyone know of a site I can contact/use or a quiet secluded area where I can launch it without being a danger to the public? I'm sure that if I have to query the local authorities I'll be on a paper chase forever but I don't want to do anything irresponsble.

Thanks for any help,Steve.

*** Steve,try contacting the BMFA direct and ask for a list of club sites in that area,either give them a ring or drop them a line,if you are in-experienced then it would probably be better to seek help to get the glider trimmed out first,failing that is there anyone on Scale-models that is in that area and can assist Steve with his model ?

M

Malcolm Fisher

Hello Steve,

I live in Leeds and have flown slope soarers on Baildon Moor for many years - sadly not for the last few though.

If you contact me, I'd be happy to go with you and show you the various locations which are flyable.

Most wind directions are catered for, but some are better than others.

HTH

Malcolm

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Hello Steve,I live in Leeds and have flown slope soarers on Baildon Moor for many years - sadly not for the last few though.

If you contact me, I'd be happy to go with you and show you the various locations which are flyable.

Most wind directions are catered for, but some are better than others.

HTH

Malcolm
*** Malcolm,I would like to thank you for the spirited way you have offered to assist Steve in his quest.