Where to weather?

P

PhotoPhil

I'm now ready to prime my Hurricane and then to follow the camouflage pattern as described in the plans. What I need to know where and how much to weather the plane to make it look realistic. This will be my first model I air brush and also weather.

P

PhotoPhil

Thanks Barry

Just what I need would yoube happy for me to cut and paste your article onto a word document, that way I can use a font size I can read plus I can print it out and use as a reference guide as my my next model is a 1:48 spitfire. Or would you prefer to email me the article

P

PhotoPhil

Just checked it seems as if you can't send a personal message on here. And I don't want my email address to be in the public domain... So if it's OK with you Barry I will cut and paste it onto a word document.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Go ahead Phil. I just hope that it helps you.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
It's worth having a look at some images of the real things. You don't need a huge and expensive pile of references, a quick google will provide plenty of WW2 pictures of Hurricanes. The modern war birds aren't particularly helpful but other people's models may be.

Think about where your aircraft was operating. From a base in the UK it would most likely have been pretty well maintained and looked after, but from an air strip in Burma things might have been a bit different!

With all aircraft weathering it is important not to over do it.

Cheers

Steve

P

PhotoPhil

Hi Barry

Just back from a photographic trip along the Suffolk coast, thanks to Matt my wheelchair pusher....your web link has helped me so much Thank you!!!! I now know what I'm I am meant to do, your finished model looks great....I will put mine on the completed page once i have finished it ...I'm really tied after today's cold and windy day so an easy night for me whilst Mrs C watches that silly dancing program & Crap Factor... :sad: :sad: :sad: :eek::eek::eek: