Which glue for transparencies?

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
As above, which glue is best for clear part like windscreens and windows. I am thinking of PVA, or perhaps clear silicone but is there something better or easier to use without the risk of smears or marks?

Andy.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I've been using this stuff
View attachment 370058
It gives a stronger bond with the plastic than PVA
There's a YouTube tutorial

( I have no connection with Deluxe Materials!)
Dave
HI Dave do you think this would be any good to fit glass in my portholes on my tiger ? as ive got a lot to do an can you buy this off ebay ?
chris

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Like Dave, I've recently converted to Glue N Glaze. So far it has performed very well.

Chris, it should be fine for doing portholes, if you check the video Dave posted it's main use is windows on trains and buildings.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Like Dave, I've recently converted to Glue N Glaze. So far it has performed very well.

Chris, it should be fine for doing portholes, if you check the video Dave posted it's main use is windows on trains and buildings.
HI Bob cheers for the info but I watched the utube vid an at the end it says clean thing up with water so if water dissovles the glue it may not be any good for port holes as remember these porthole will be fitted in the hull of my tiger only about three inches above the water line an it will also get the splashes from the waves as well as the S/S but ive sent for a bottle an see how it goes.Now this is my idea I lay the porthole face down on the build board an then usein a correct size punch bang out on a bit of clear plasticard or acetate an the round bit whats in the punch will just push out an then I just drop the clear glass into the porthole an then usein the glue an glaze just seal all the way around in side the porthole an let it dry as it leaves no smear marks DO YOU THINK THIS WILL WORK Bob ?
chris

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Sorry Chris, I thought it was just a static model. I don't see why your plan wouldn't work, the glue would be on the inside so should survive some splashing.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Sorry Chris, I thought it was just a static model. I don't see why your plan wouldn't work, the glue would be on the inside so should survive some splashing.
That's what I thought Bob but its got to survive a lot of splashin
chris

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
You can get exterior use waterproof PVA, that may do the job?

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Try a tube of
51412_P.jpeg, a modern hybrid adhesive,there are several on the market any type will do. They stick to most things, and you can get clear as in this one.
Price wise, this one from Screwfix is £6 .39 ( Other stores are out there )
Would be useful for any thin you want to seal against water .