Which is the best?

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Starting to stock up with kits for over winter, I know, I know winter is a while away but one of the things I fancy is a Merkava mk4. What does the collective reckon is the best version? I have looked at reviews and there are good things said about both the Meng and Hobbyboss versions but there does not seem to be any Meng kits in the UK at the moment.

Andy.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Andy,
Meng, HobbyBoss, or Academy................... The Academy model is pretty good, but with all the models, you will have to cope with the 'ball and chain' armour under the turret rear. You can download the instructions for the Academy & Meng models from Scalemates, and I suggest you look at those to see the different methods they use - I'm not sure of the HobbyBoss method, I can't find their instructions on the 'net.
The Academy & HobbyBoss IV models are freely available, but for the Meng........................ ebay, or far east shops will be your best bet.
Dave

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Andy go to site called dawnsgrocerystore all one word they've got the meng mk4 for 29.80 plus 12.00 postage whats that about 42.00 squids don't know how that compares to the price here but I've used them loads of times never a prob ,mind not used them in current world crisis Dave

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Andy, it depends on what is best for you. I'm ok with anything that glues together properly. The challenge for me is getting it to look better at every next build. Even the best kit gets quartered by Simon if he gets his hands on them. :tears-of-joy:
Also is it the latest Mark you want with the latest add-ons? Do you prefer heavy detail or lighter. Are you comfortable with gazillion parts or just the minimum required?
Scalemates or build blogs might be able to answer these questions. Check them out.

Cheers,
Richard

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks for the advice guys, I think I know which one to get as I like a model with lots of parts to hold my attention.

Andy.