Which kits???

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
I've been building the Airfix Jackal in 1/48 scale ......... It's a fairly small model and I've found I quite enjoy working on smaller detail...........

I was thinking maybe building a series of 1/72 armour. They are relatively cheap in 1/72 but I have a question having done a lot of looking around the internet.

Which manufacturer is going to be the best value (price / detail / quality)????? or are they all much of a much of a muchness in 1/72 ???? ............ Revell kits seem to be lower on price. But are they cheap because they aren't very good.......... at the top end there are Dragon ........... With Trumpeter mid range on price.

They would be mostly OOB builds so I'm not bothered about aftermarket, PE or Resin parts being available.

So any advice here would be good.

Thanks

Peter

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I've built a couple of Airfix , 1/76 kits just latly and the're not to bad on the detail side and look quite good painted up

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
some of the newer revell and airfix stuff is very nice indeed...........the older stuff shows its age

ive done some dragon stuff and wasnt that impressed,...iffy instructions and not really any better than anything else

never done any trumpeter so cant comment on it

look at academy,.....very nice for the money

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
I've built a couple of Airfix , 1/76 kits just latly and the're not to bad on the detail side and look quite good painted up
I didn't think about 1/76 ........... I just had a quick look on evilbay and they are cheap as chips.

Peter

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi peter , alot of the Revell kits are re-boxes of the old matchbox mouldings , which were excellent , great detail OOB and usually a little dio base and a few excellent figures included ! Ive built a couple and have a couple more in the stash .Paul ( Beowulf) is just in the middle of a build of their Hanomag at the moment , have a look at his thread to get an idea of how good they look . Heres a couple of pics of mine, cheers tony

View attachment 68277

View attachment 68278

View attachment 68279

P1080631 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1050697 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1050695 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
The re-tooling by Airfix has eliminated some of the bad fit lines and detail issues if older kits. Revell are good quality for the price although detail wise I find they can be a tad lacking.

Si:smiling3:

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
I just got me one of these ............. Trumpeter 1/72 Bradley M2A2 ........for £5.99

Peter

P

Polux

I always love this model Peter!

The possibilities of weathering and dusty effect are fantastic!! :smiling3:

Nice choice!

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
I always love this model Peter!The possibilities of weathering and dusty effect are fantastic!! :smiling3:

Nice choice!
I think it'll be an interesting build Polux ............ It's a small model at Length: 92mm Width: 48.32mm Height: 45.68mm ....... and it has interior detail as well. So open hatches.

Peter

P

Polux

\ said:
I think it'll be an interesting build Polux ............ It's a small model at Length: 92mm Width: 48.32mm Height: 45.68mm ....... and it has interior detail as well. So open hatches.Peter
Ok :smiling3:

Go for it Peter!!