While the cats away.....end of the line!!! :)

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi all

So my beloved wife left this morning for a weekend away with a friend. My daughter was out and is having a sleep over at a friends house, which leaves just Junior and I.
:)
:D

So I decided it was about time to get the spray booth out and give my new AB a test!!!!

Below is a shot of everything I could find that needed priming, painting or varnishing......as you can see i have a fair bit to do!
???
:o

Update to follow later on.....

ATB

Andrew

49038349118_5e8d8d2bfe_c.jpg

Last edited:

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
I would mix your paint in a two gallon bucket - you're gonna need it.
Hope all goes well.
Jim

And that's just the primer!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: JR

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi all

So I didn't quite get as much done as I was hoping but as you'll see below I got a fair bit done - I reckon 75 individual pieces......

The new AB that arrived a couple of weeks ago worked like a dream once I had worked out the best mix and pressures

But there is still a way to go yet!!

ATB

Andrew

---------------------------------
Done

49040701327_427c9cb4f5_c.jpg

To do

49040490741_70e9a5d359_c.jpg

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
My goodness thats a battalion and more. This is where an airbrush trumps the hand brush anytime. :smiling2: Perfect too when the Cats out. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Blimey Andrew that is quite a production line you have there

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
My goodness thats a battalion and more. This is where an airbrush trumps the hand brush anytime. :smiling2: Perfect too when the Cats out. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

Hi Richard - not quite a battalions worth but I'm working on it! :smiling5:

ATB

Andrew

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Blimey Andrew that is quite a production line you have there

Simon

Indeed it is.

The fold-out table I use for modelling is also used when I work from home once a week and so if I can't get the AB out that often resulting in something of a backlog. This one though is bigger than usual for a number of reasons, not least the desire to buy a new airbrush.

ATB

Andrew

Reactions: JR

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi all

So day two was not quite as productive and other than some varnishing and dunkelgelb paint it was limited to touching up bits I'd missed, the 'L' shape down the left and bottom is everything that received attention yesterdat - I reckon around 100 unique pieces across the two days!!

The good news is that my wife is out tomorrow, I'm not working from home Wednesday and so don't need to clear the table, and then my wife is out Friday or Saturday night!

So lots more opportunity to practice with the new AB this week!!

ACW as usual.

Andrew

49044857888_269d5bb8df_c.jpg

Last edited:

Kelly McFadden

SMF Supporter
First Name
Kelly
Hi Kelly

Pics as requested. The hose goes out of the window you can see.

ATB

Andrew

View attachment 363150

View attachment 363151
Hi Kelly

Pics as requested. The hose goes out of the window you can see.

ATB

Andrew

View attachment 363150

View attachment 363151
Andrew, thanks for posting pictures of your spray booth! The dinning room / kitchen is my work space so I have to put everything away after I’m done. For a few years i’ve considered getting an AB and spray booth but have not because I thought it would be pretty difficult to set up and take down. It’s great to see a real life set up.
-kelly

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andrew, thanks for posting pictures of your spray booth! The dinning room / kitchen is my work space so I have to put everything away after I’m done. For a few years i’ve considered getting an AB and spray booth but have not because I thought it would be pretty difficult to set up and take down. It’s great to see a real life set up.
-kelly

Hi Kelly

I've recently done a review on my spraybooth for another member. I can send you it my PM if you want?

ATB

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Fill your cup may it never runeth over :smiling3:
Hi all

So day two was not quite as productive and other than some varnishing and dunkelgelb paint it was limited to touching up bits I'd missed, the 'L' shape down the left and bottom is everything that received attention yesterdat - I reckon around 100 unique pieces across the two days!!

The good news is that my wife is out tomorrow, I'm not working from home Wednesday and so don't need to clear the table, and then my wife is out Friday or Saturday night!

So lots more opportunity to practice with the new AB this week!!

ACW as usual.

Andrew

View attachment 363153

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Looks like someone is having a lot of fun here :smiling2: :tears-of-joy: Would luv to have a bench full of models to paint like you have Andy. Looking forward to seeing how they all turn out. Wonderful stuff

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looks like someone is having a lot of fun here :smiling2: :tears-of-joy: Would luv to have a bench full of models to paint like you have Andy. Looking forward to seeing how they all turn out. Wonderful stuff

Thanks Steve. It was a lot of fun and hopefully there will be more paint f flying this weekend.

ATB

Andrew

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andrew, That's a great production line putting out some great results.

Scottie, thanks for stopping by. I just wish I was able to get the AB out more! If I could the production line would have been a lot shorter!!

ATB

Andrew