Whippet (Emhar)

D

Dave S4

A rare foray for me, nowadays. But here's a neat little kit that was great fun to do in 1/72nd scale.
And no wheels to paint!! Not one!
Fantastic...
As usual, the base is homemade and originally belonged to a really bad Matilda Mk1 and an equally awful driver figure (who stood in the position now marked by a shell-burst). Both of them were a waste of lead.
So that's why it looks like a big boy who's outgrown his clothes.
Can't find a decent WW1 figure set to go with this, so that's it for this little project.
It was fun, and that's what counts.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6559

Fun is everything Dave and a fine time you've had . A lovely finish.

Emhar do supply some tankers with their WW1 British figures:

I used some with an Airfix WW1 Male tank and they were OK.

D

Dave S4

Thanks, both.
Yes the figures set looks reasonable. Only issue is that I'd end up with lots more than I need.
It's a shame that AB Figures never did a few. They were excellent in this scale when AFVs were flavour of the month.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Dave .
Nice, I like anything without wheels !
John .

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Very nice Dave. Great to see you have been working quietly in the back ground. Any figures planned in the near future??

D

Dave S4

Very nice Dave. Great to see you have been working quietly in the back ground. Any figures planned in the near future??
Probably not for this one. Am grinding through an F8 Crusader at present and will most likely do a Hellcat after that. When the clocks go forward it will be time to resume figure modelling and this spring's project is a 75mm Roman by Pegaso.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dave S4

Probably not for this one. Am grinding through an F8 Crusader at present and will most likely do a Hellcat after that. When the clocks go forward it will be time to resume figure modelling and this spring's project is a 75mm Roman by Pegaso.

My god, that's a bad photo!

Attachments

• 20190215_162647.jpg
    20190215_162647.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 18
D

Dave S4

Decided not to start a new thread as there are a lot of Aircraft Under Construction already.
Building my first Airfix kit in YEARS. Now they've got their act together.
And some jolly wargame MTBs. While it rains and sleets outside.
There won't be loads of progress photos, but a couple of completion shots will go here if I like the end result.

D

Dave S4

Ohhh, I see Airfix are still the manufacturer of dubious casting.
The Hurricane has a double chin. Milliput applied, and the wish-list of this company's products has shrunk by 75%.

B

baz

Hello Dave,
only just seen your great build on the whippet I wish that I could paint as well as you do, the whippet a tank I thought look great when I first saw it and it inspired me to have a go at building a scratch built one here is the result.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

Attachments

• whippet one.jpg
    whippet one.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Wippet 008.jpg
    Wippet 008.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Wippet 005_renamed_20208.jpg
    Wippet 005_renamed_20208.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Wippet 010_renamed_24228.jpg
    Wippet 010_renamed_24228.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 13
D

Dave S4

Hello Dave,
only just seen your great build on the whippet I wish that I could paint as well as you do, the whippet a tank I thought look great when I first saw it and it inspired me to have a go at building a scratch built one here is the result.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )
That's really nice.
Including the paint job!

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hi, out of interest, I don't know alot about tanks, which is the front, tried working it out from the exhaust direction, also did they have slots to see when firing the machine guns.
My apologies for my dimness, if indeed that's a word.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
The cab is at the rear, the long bonnet at the front is just that: the engines are under there.

Around the cab are a number of visions slots for the crew to see out of.

If you want to see more of this (IMHO) intriguing tank, let me quickly plug a PDF I put together about 15 years ago with detail photos of three different real Medium A Whippets: click here and scroll to the bottom of the page.