Who? Who? Ron's 251/20 UHU , that's who !

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
:sad-face::rolling:Plowing along , here is the searchlight in progress. Need to paint the filter lens a black-red to continue with this build. Have quite possibly ruined my AB from forgetting to clean after last use. May be a while before I can shoehorn that expense into my present budget, will see....

Attachments

• 20220408_160118.jpg
    20220408_160118.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 20220408_160103.jpg
    20220408_160103.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20220408_160055.jpg
    20220408_160055.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220408_160047.jpg
    20220408_160047.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 13

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
nice progress on this Ron.....sorry to hear about the A/B hope you are able to get it sorted out.
Rick

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Have quite possibly ruined my AB from forgetting to clean after last use.
I would first try disassembling it as far as possible to try and clean everything — if it is ruined, then you have nothing to lose, while if it’s just stuck then it will save you having to buy a new one.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I’m sure that cellulose thinners will remove all paint deposits that are in there Ron. As Jakko says, strip it right down, then soak all the parts in cellulose thinners for a couple of days….scrub it, rinse it, have a really good look, then soak again if needed. Repeat this until it is clean. The worst you may need to do is replace a couple of seals and perhaps the nozzle. While you are doing all this, remind yourself why you are having to do it rather than build models….bet you don’t leave it again ;)

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Loving that searchlight Ron!!
Looks gorgeous.... Even without paint !! :smiling3:
Andy

Panzerwrecker

SMF Supporter
First Name
Los
Looking good Ron

Did you have to add your own extension strips to the rear of the top half of the hull to get it to fit together with the rear plate?

As for the airbrush, I've used a sonic cleaner successfully in the past to save it. They are not expensive.

Best of luck

Los

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Ron,
Lovely work on the search light I painted my lens with a dark black/red on the reverse side of the lens and it looked ok. I agree with the others a good strip down and soak should work and I am talking about the airbrush.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ron
That searchlight is a thing of beauty. Shame about the AB but as has been said you've nothing to lose but trying a good soak.
Jim

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Guys for all of your replies, have had the nozzle soaking for a couple of days. Today I'm on the mend from a particularly obnoxious 24- (48- ?) -hour bout with a head cold, spent the whole of yesterday curled up in a fetal position wrapped up in a cocoon of fleecy throws.
But Scottie, thanks Bro, your quip actually elicited a chuckle from me during the worst. And that was sorely needed :face-with-head-bandage::smiling5:

PS later today I feel up to trying out the AB , I am hopeful after all you guy's input, Thanks !

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Looking good Ron

Did you have to add your own extension strips to the rear of the top half of the hull to get it to fit together with the rear plate?

As for the airbrush, I've used a sonic cleaner successfully in the past to save it. They are not expensive.

Best of luck

Los
Hi Los, that sonic cleaner is something I will definitely look into, Thank You for mentioning it.
Regarding the hull, I was so fortunate with this one, the fit is fine. So I guess AFV Club did eventually correct this (?)
But I do have another build of an AFV 251/9 with this issue that I have to deal with. One modelers blog (on Track Link, I think ?) had shaved off a mili or two from his lower hull, I'm inclined to try that

Panzerwrecker

SMF Supporter
First Name
Los
Hi Los, that sonic cleaner is something I will definitely look into, Thank You for mentioning it.
Regarding the hull, I was so fortunate with this one, the fit is fine. So I guess AFV Club did eventually correct this (?)
But I do have another build of an AFV 251/9 with this issue that I have to deal with. One modelers blog (on Track Link, I think ?) had shaved off a mili or two from his lower hull, I'm inclined to try that
The lower hull shaver was me:tongue-out3:

https://www.track-link.com/forums/site_blogs/47409

Last edited: