Windy's Char B1 Bis and FT 17 (1/76) Matchbox GB

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Finished quicker than I expected! Always wanted to build this one and for a kit that's nearly forty years old I'm pretty happy with it. Might add a couple more pictures later but I need to cook dinner first.

_20200529_181533.JPG

_20200529_181459.JPG

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Thanks chaps! I really enjoyed this one. It's a kit I've always wanted to build but never got around to and it's slightly out of the ordinary which makes it more interesting. Glad you like it.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That is a great result...Good looking camo on both machines. Well done. Rick H.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks great to me as well. Always liked the early war stuff and you’ve done it proud!

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Thanks guys. Couple more pics of the FT 17. Attaching the tow chain was a right fiddle! The only thing that really lets the kit down is the wretched rubber band tracks. Even after scrubbing vigorously with washing up liquid and an old toothbrush the paint tried to flake off. Plenty of mud hides the damage though!

_20200530_054822.JPG_20200530_053007.JPG

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Lovely work.I adored these mini dioramas when i was 11,Always wanted to collect them all but sadly only ever had this one and the L.R.D.G one and one other.Matchbox kits i loved back then.
Good work!!!.
Rich.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I always liked these, and you’ve made very nice models of them.

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Thanks again guys. They're fun little builds and interesting subjects too. I've built three of them in the last year, this one, the LRDG set and the 17 Pdr and Morris C8.

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Very nice result Alex, nicely weathered for a couple moving to the front :thumb2: :thumb2:

NickT

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nicholas
Brilliant result Alex, looks fantastic, especially like the camo.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent job Alex , brilliantly painted . Love the bit of colour on the shutters and the figures are fantastic , you'd never know they were 1/76 . Btw when did you break into my shed and take the pictures on my cutting mat ?:smiling5: Cheers tony

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Sorry guys! I've been trying to reply to your comments all day but the site was either down or just having none of it. Plus we had another horrific weekend of being overun with mindless tourists, four of whom managed to put themselves in hospital, so we were rather busy. You probably saw it on the news. Quieter today thank God.

Anyway enough of that. Glad you like it. Big decision time now though, do I make a start on the Priest for this GB, or crack on with the stalled Sherman?

P.S. That's the clean side Tony!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
God help you dealing with what I saw on TV Alex. The idiots that got hurt sounded just like Darwinism in action....a way of increasing the intelligence of the gene pool.....

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
God help you dealing with what I saw on TV Alex. The idiots that got hurt sounded just like Darwinism in action....a way of increasing the intelligence of the gene pool.....

Yup, Darwin was working overtime! Thankfully I wasn't involved down at the beach but the overflow carpark for Durdle Door is right opposite my house. The Estate staff were getting overwhelmed so I gave them a hand. And don't even get me started on the amount of rubbish left behind.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Fantastic place to live when the idiots go home though.....I’m envious.....