Windy's Matchbox/Revell GB entry - Char B1 Bis and FT 17.

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Alex

Looking very good so far.

I was at Tankfest a couple of years ago when they shipped over the only running Char B1 from France. I've got a few pics if you'd like to me share them on here?

ATB

Andrew

Thanks mate, and yes please. I'm only five miles from Bovy and never knew they brought it over!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Thanks mate, and yes please. I'm only five miles from Bovy and never knew they brought it over!
Alex

I am so jealous - only five miles away!!!!

Pics below from Tankfest 2018. I used to go the open days on the range as kid when on holiday in the area but this was my first Tankfest, after coming back to hobby a few years previously.

I also got got pics of a normal Renault FT17 and an unusual variant! It took a while to get the Char running but as you'll see it did eventually make it around the arena.

The full album of the day can be found here if you're interested (LINK)

ATB

Andrew

Char B1

FT17

TSF

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Great pictures Andy! Sadly the museum (along with everything else) is closed at the moment, but it ain't a bad part of the world to live in.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That looks like the same FT and TSF as in the video I posted earlier in this thread, of the engine being started.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That looks like the same FT and TSF as in the video I posted earlier in this thread, of the engine being started.
Jakko

Sorry missed that! Apologies.

Andrew

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Christ what a horrific weekend. I spent all day Sunday and yesterday trying to marshal the hordes of brain dead tourists who decided in their thousands that the best place to visit in the middle of a ******* pandemic is a tiny village in Dorset with few facilities and difficult access to the beach. By 1600 yesterday I was ready to start murdering people.

In other news I did manage to nearly finish the FT 17. Just the tracks and a bit of weathering to do, then I'll get going on the base.

_20200526_103705.JPG

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Thanks Scottie. No updates tonight I'm afraid. I'm utterly shattered from the weekend and just finished three hours of briefings on Zoom. Time for a glass of wine and then bed.

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Nearly there now! The base is done, just needs a bit of mud on the tanks. I'll put the finished pictures in a new thread.

_20200529_170953.JPG