Winking smiley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakko

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Can we have a winking smiley,* please? The only winking one in the current set of smileys is also sticking its tongue out, which is not what I would normally associate with a wink. Preferably with a shortcut like
Code:
;)
so that it also works with ones I already typed in other messages, only to find it didn’t appear as a graphical smiley :smiling3:

* Or “emoji” as the silly modern word for them is. We didn’t say that in my day, thankyouverymuch.

Ian M

GB Mod
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I am still amazed that this hyper up-to-date forum, still uses a set of "smiley's" that are as old as windows. (As in windows original). I'm sure that there are some that are a bit more up-to-date looking...And that can be seen on a mobile device and not just look like a yellow blob.

:confused:

John

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If you want to find some new funky one's I will install them

beowulf

hoowozziewee?, wozziweisen?
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
id love to see some up to date motis............just please dont make them too big in size!

Jakko

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I’ve found a better smiley that actually winks :smiling3:

In the smiley settings for XenForo, use styles/default/xenforo/smilies/emojione/sprite_sheet_emojione.png as the URL, with size 22 × 22 pixels and position 0 × -176.

Jakko

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
It looks more like a banana with one eye
You’re talking about the thing in my post above, right? Something there is wrong: the message actually reads that actually winks :) but the word winks comes out as the upper left quarter of a smiley wearing glasses. The settings I posted gives a winking smiley from the XenForo default smiley set.

John

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
And those are the settings I used.

Jakko

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Odd. It takes the wrong smiley from the set, which means the coordinates are off. Did you put styles/default/xenforo/smilies/emojione/sprite_sheet_emojione.png in the first field for the image replacement URL, or in the second one (labeled “2x image replacement URL”)? That seems the most likely cause for it to be taking only a quarter of the wrong smiley.

Also, I get the impression the word winks is in the “Text to replace” field.

John

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As I said those are the settings that I put in, and yes winks is the replacement word, but I've now removed it

Jakko

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I figured it out: the box at the bottom of the smiley settings needs 100% put into it. If you don’t, the coordinates will be off and the result is what we had at first.

John

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don't know where I'm meant to put that, there isn't a box for percentage, I've just added the little winker in ;)

Jakko

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
It’s labelled “Background size”:

Schermafbeelding 2020-01-21 om 19.14.06.png

Status
Not open for further replies.